GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling All Tuned MK6's how many miles on it?

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
2010 Mk6 here. Don't remember when I went APR stage 1 and 2, but K04 at around 40K. Now at 109k and still holding up. Texas heat has really done a number on the interior though. Plastics around the center console and around door handles have melted and cracked and the headliner is off now for its second replacement..

Replaced clutch with the RSR kit at 98k and added the iAbed RMS at 103k.
Finally did the Timing, new water pump and carbon cleaning at 107k... 4 years ago.

Have only driven it 2k since then and needs new rear bearings. Wish I had more time for her.

Still looking pretty well conserved from the exterior though!

Cal2000

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 ECU @ ~65,000 Kms (~40k Miles)
DSG Tuned @ ~90,000 Kms (~55k Miles)
K04 @ ~145,000 Kms (~90k Miles)
Currently: ~185,000 Kms (~115k Miles)

2012 GTI DSG, all major components original but lots of preventative maintenance.
Would you be able to share what you have done for preventative maintenance? Thanks.

Knotical

Drag Racing Champion
145k here tuned since 90k or so, now running a K04. Still on the factory water pump and intake manifold.

davisharr

Go Kart Champion
Would you be able to share what you have done for preventative maintenance? Thanks.

Lots, Oil changes every 8,000 Kms, DSG Services every 30k, Coolant and brake fluid flush every 2-3 years, 2 Intake manifolds, 3 Water pumps, carbon cleaning, timing chains and tensioners, a shit ton of plugs and coil packs. It's a steady stream of maintenance to keep it running nice, but nothing major has ever failed so its' been worth it so far!

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey All,

Now that all our MK6's are at least 10 years old. I'm curious how many miles you guys/gals are up to? I've got a standard KO4 built GTI with 140k miles on it. So I am wondering what other folks are reaching for mileage on their engine, especially tuned.. Who's got the highest here?

Is this thing a ticking time bomb or am I good for 200k.. Obviously a lot of variables at play. Just trying to get an idea..
2011 GTi that I tuned in 2014 through APR. Just an ECU tune, but I have 98k miles and the car just started slipping. Happened 3 times on the highway in the past 4 months. Car went to neutral and I had to stop and restart for it to reset.

Code indicates bad clutch pack, but ever since I took off the tune a couple of weeks ago, the car hasn’t acted up.

Planning on replacing the clutch pack, but want to see if the code appears again now that it’s back into stock mode.

BadAssBass

Ready to race!
2011. 113k. APR Stage 2 @ 30K.
Original tensioner.

1715129641651.jpeg

1715129788123.jpeg

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
2011. 113k. APR Stage 2 @ 30K.
Original tensioner.

View attachment 304376

View attachment 304377
nice pics, check the chains, and replace tensioner.... I rather play the lottery and gamble with set of 7/6 numbers than timing/engine related gambles.... my two cents. Otherwise the car is CLEAN!

Tuning the car also adds more wear and tear.... applies to any car actually

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I’m looking to have the tensioner/chains done. My trusted mechanic has retired…finding another shop sucks.
Anyone in Atlanta north?
If you are handy with tools you can do it yourself (I did it and I'm no mechanic). Just need patience.
It'll save you a lot of money and be a wicked flex.