GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can’t switch to ‘driving on the right’

ldgrrb

Hi. Has anyone managed to get a Mk8 to switch between ‘driving on the right’ and ‘driving on the left’?

i live in the UK and have had a 1.5 eTSi Life for a few weeks now with the standard LED headlights. We’ve gone on holiday to France expecting to be able to switch the lights to drive on the right but the option is saying it’s not available at the moment.

i know I should have tested this at home and bought some of those deflector stickers, but too late now…

Thanks for any info.

Shortly

Try selecting the mode that you are already in, even though you are already in it. Not logical, I know!
Then try selecting the one you want.

ldgrrb

Thanks but it doesn’t even let me choose an option. It’s just saying ‘sorry, this function is currently unavailable’, as if it’s been blocked.

ldgrrb

Nothing back from VW yet. I’ve read in a couple of places that the basic LEDs on the Life models should adjust automatically on the basis of your location. If that’s true, I guess it fits with not being able to select an option. I’ll try to test it visually in the dark.

For other versions, the flakiness sounds like a bug.

Schipperke

Curious.. and pardon my ignorance. Cars headlights are setup for right or left driving?
I'm going to guess the lights are set to take a moderate aim a bit toward shoulder?

OJT23

Nothing back from VW yet. I’ve read in a couple of places that the basic LEDs on the Life models should adjust automatically on the basis of your location. If that’s true, I guess it fits with not being able to select an option. I’ll try to test it visually in the dark.

For other versions, the flakiness sounds like a bug.
Did you hear back? From what I gather the option is for the IQ Lights not the basic LEDs which have a flat beam.

I drove to France without changing anything (same error about function not being available) and I didn't get anyone flash us. It would be better if they removed the option if indeed it's not required!

ldgrrb

Did you hear back? From what I gather the option is for the IQ Lights not the basic LEDs which have a flat beam.

I drove to France without changing anything (same error about function not being available) and I didn't get anyone flash us. It would be better if they removed the option if indeed it's not required!
No, nothing back from VW. Sounds though like it’s safe to drive it as it is. Thanks

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
2021 1.5 Style 6sp petrol, changed lites to 'drive on the left' a couple of weeks ago and so far, touch wood (taps temple) it's stayed that way. I'd like to say "I'm brilliant and found the solution, ain't I great ?:)", but I didn't do anything different to before. Hope the car doesn't read this and decide to change its mind, but so far so good;).....

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I had my GTI updated to 1941 at the dealers yesterday, I was briefly able to read the release notes for the update on the paperwork the service person had, one of the fixes it professed to address, was the inability to switch to driving on the left or right.