GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canon 40D

MLD13B

A friend of mine is selling his Canon 40D which I am very interested in buying.
I was wondering what you guys thought of this particular model? I am not a serious photographer but will like to learn how to take some great shots. Will this camera be good to learn with?

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
It definitely a great camera no doubt, but it is not entry level. If you are tech savvy you should be able to figure it out. Although if you are someone that has no idea what they are doing I wouldn't recommend it as a starter. I am actually thinking of picking one up myself, price keeps going down on it, you can find a new one for 869 ish, body only that is.

97C280

Stage 2
Great camera. I would recomend this camera if you're into photography and want to learn. If you look at it this way, buy it & learn it and you'll keep it for awhile! I'm looking to buy a 40D because it has a nice sturdy feel to it and the perfect size IMO

Ducky 2.0T

Ready to race!
It definitely a great camera no doubt, but it is not entry level. If you are tech savvy you should be able to figure it out. Although if you are someone that has no idea what they are doing I wouldn't recommend it as a starter. I am actually thinking of picking one up myself, price keeps going down on it, you can find a new one for 869 ish, body only that is.

I don't think my 40D was any less confusing then my XTI was that I had for a few months. If anything, my biggest challenge was relearning everything since the buttons/ controls are different between the XTI and the 40D.

I say, if you can afford it. Starting with the 40D is not a bad option. It is a decent body and unless you get serious with photography or start making money with the camera, you can keep it for as long as it lasts. Even if you did go pro, many keep the 40D as a second body.