GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't see the cars odometer on the digital display

Steph-j

Hi all, I have just picked up my brand new 2021 golf r-line.
But I don't know how to see the cars odometer on the digital display.
I have had a look at the o.m. but can't see anything. Can anyone help me to figure this out.

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
You can't see the odometer on screen while the car is switched on. You can see theodometer when you turn the car off.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
You can, it took me 2 days to work out how, forget exactly what I did, just play around with 'display or settings'. 2 1/2 months in, still not worked out how to display trip meter....

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Try switching off the ACC by pressing on the top right button on the left side of the steering.
998CD617-0359-4D02-ACFD-7FDCFE10BE64.jpeg

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks I'll try that later, not seen my car which is tucked away in my garage in 48 hours. For today I have a serious 'cold in der dose' and my new hobbies, apparently, consist of endlessly coughing, sneezing and stuffing tissues up my nose, still it passes the time. It ain't 'you know what' (Covid) BTW just a common or garden cold. But when I feel better (and a bit less sorry for myself) I'll try the suggestion....

airforced

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks I'll try that later, not seen my car which is tucked away in my garage in 48 hours. For today I have a serious 'cold in der dose' and my new hobbies, apparently, consist of endlessly coughing, sneezing and stuffing tissues up my nose, still it passes the time. It ain't 'you know what' (Covid) BTW just a common or garden cold. But when I feel better (and a bit less sorry for myself) I'll try the suggestion....
Strangely enough the lack of being able to display a trip meter/odometer in the digital display has been bugging me for some time. I had another go at it yesterday after reading the owners manual (as much use as a chocolate fireguard) and the nearest I got was a display in the centre part of the display that mirrored the same information that I get after switching off the ignition. Not what I was looking for as I usually, and prefer, having the larger speed display there but it does at least show the trip mileage. It doesn't however take account of any breaks in the journey unless they are of more than 2 hours which is the time of a default re-set on the info available under the 'Since Re-Start' option. I wonder if this info is what you were initially talking about in your initial post on 2 October? It also includes mpg, time driving, average speed etc which is not what I'm looking for.

Try switching off the ACC by pressing on the top right button on the left side of the steering.
View attachment 226776
I don't use the ACC so presumably it is already switched off. I've never touched any of the button on the left side of the wheel.

However, does this suggestion lead to the display I managed to get yesterday or will it provide a true trip meter/odometer? I won't be in the car again before Monday but intend to look at this issue once more in the coming weeks as it is bugging me to think that we have an all singing and dancing software (or so they say) setup that seems not to be quite as clever, or as useful, as VW think it is.