GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
Hello,

I love your build thread, very well documented and illustrated. Could you please share the model/ serial number of the hanesses you used with the Tyrolsport harness bar? Also, do the lap belts fit into the existing receptacles? I have a quick-fit and would like a harness bar/harness system that I can easily use on the weekend and go back to stock on the weekdays.

thanks in advance

Denny [IMUA on VWVortex]

ps haven been there for a while . . .

The harnesses are SC-ASM 20001 and SC-ASM 25001. The lap belts are bolted to the oem locations for stock seatbelts. Everything is functional and I can choose between using either seatbelt.

Imua

The harnesses are SC-ASM 20001 and SC-ASM 25001. The lap belts are bolted to the oem locations for stock seatbelts. Everything is functional and I can choose between using either seatbelt.
ok thanks. So if I understand correctly, the inboard lap belt flange "shares" the same bolt/mount with the OEM female receptacle. Do I have it right?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Navi, please share some photos of how you have the lap belts bolted.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Love the build! Did you have any issues mounting the tyrolsport bar to the recaro setup?

Don't see a lot of people running both superpro bars, mind sharing what you ended up with for adjustment f/r?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Did you move to Florida, I saw you car in Orange Park. That or your car has an exact twin.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Wow! Just read this thread start to finish. Excellent vision and attention to detail! I saw that you reverted back to the Bilstein coilovers after having used the H&R Street Performance set. Any particular reason for this, or just the desire to mix it up a bit? I’m strongly leaning towards the H&R as they tick most of my boxes and have had their springs on 3 previous cars.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Wow! Just read this thread start to finish. Excellent vision and attention to detail! I saw that you reverted back to the Bilstein coilovers after having used the H&R Street Performance set. Any particular reason for this, or just the desire to mix it up a bit? I’m strongly leaning towards the H&R as they tick most of my boxes and have had their springs on 3 previous cars.
thanks. i reverted back to the bilstein bc overall they are a better suspension than the HR. I was trying to sell them for awhile and no one was buying. I ended up using superpro camber plates at the recommendation of my friend and the bilsteins have not broke yet. Knock on wood. The HR was great but they are much softer/more compliant in my opinion. There was more body roll.

I am going to redo the whole suspension on the car with an ohlins setup sooner than later though.

Navi

Autocross Champion
she's still alive

Last edited: