GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Comparison Newbie Questions

katie

Autocross Champion
Lol, reminds me of myself 5 months ago. My limit was 40k and so I pretty much had all of those on my list but I narrowed it down to the GTI & the A3. First of all, I don't mean to be biased but I definitely would never trust a non-european car cause I'm accident prone, so if anything I want to be in something that can somewhat protect me. People bash on me cause I have a VW but wtf, it's a GTI, they have no idea that it's actually made in Germany unlike the Beetles & the Jettas. BMWs are awesome but for the cost of one, it's really not worth it since you're putting about 10k just for the name of it. Also you can't do much to a BMW, but if you're looking to get girls (lol) then it would be a good choice. BTW you didn't look at any Audis?

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
it seems to me that you only look at how fast your car can go on a highway instead of the outfit and handling and reliability stuff.

I would suggest you to do more research on these categories before you decide which car you want to get. (andi m assuming money is not the concern for you?)

but as a Gti lover myself, all i can say is that driving a Gti is very fun. the handling, the negligible turbo-lag, the red trim and the honey grille at the front. and afterall, it's a hatchback !!!. if you like hatchback, this is the best model so far before the new R32 come out in NA.