GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cat backs -2

shlimp

Passed Driver's Ed
To add to this conversation, different downpipes will sound different with the same exhaust. Depending on the cat placement, whether it's catted or not, and different cat densities. Friend and I have the same exhaust but different downpipes. He has the apr catted downpipe and I have the milltek catted downpipe. Mine is quieter than his assuming the same valve situation.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
To add to this conversation, different downpipes will sound different with the same exhaust. Depending on the cat placement, whether it's catted or not, and different cat densities. Friend and I have the same exhaust but different downpipes. He has the apr catted downpipe and I have the milltek catted downpipe. Mine is quieter than his assuming the same valve situation.

This is important if you're concerned about the sound. I have the APR Downpipe/AWE Track (non-valved) setup and the sound clips I found on YouTube all had different downpipes than the APR. I stuck a microphone on my bumper a few weeks after install and the sound was noticeably different than the slightly different setups I heard online. Unfortunately in some cases, you won't really be able to judge whether or not you like the sound unless you hear it in person.