GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cayman S, 335i, A5

Ronsgti

Ready to race!
These are my coworkers cars, and they all love my gti.

But is our gti in the same league? I know it's different price bracket/class, but we all park side by side next to each other everyday, and sometimes I feel the gti is the odd man out.

If you were to rank the cars what order would you put it in.

McQueen77

Banned

But is our gti in the same league? I know it's different price bracket/class, but we all park side by side next to each other everyday, and sometimes I feel the gti is the odd man out.

it is the odd man out. no, not even remotely in the same league. they love it because its a great car and its a driver's car.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
it is the odd man out. no, not even remotely in the same league. they love it because its a great car and its a driver's car.

Yup

FNR32

Ready to race!

As others have said, it's not even in the same ballpark. I'd rank the Cayman S first, A5 second, then the GTi.

ImmI

Ready to race!

X2

I'd rank them in the same order as the title of this thread. From what I know an A5 just looks good and that's about it. Hell even the RS5 is overshadowed by the C63 and M3.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Ranking depends on what you want from the car.

If you want a practical but fun car, then I'd put the GTI first.

For track use the Cayman would be at the top of my list.

For touring I'd put the BMW first.

The A5 is probably the most luxurious of the cars but it lags behind the others in all of those categories. Still a fantastic car, however.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I went to an Audi event out in the Western Carolina mountains last weekend (Quattro de Mayo). It was largely an Audi event and we had 67 cars total, 3 of which were VW's. Everything from a V10 R8, to RS4's, TTRS's , the the APR S4 project car. The GTI fit right in, hung with everyone in the twisties, and no one looked down their nose because I was driving a VW.. Don't sweat it...Those that "Know" understand it's a drivers car...

If I were to rank those co-workers cars, The Cayman S is tops for a drivers car, A5 next and BMW last..A well set up GTI is more fun than the A5 or 335i IMO

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Ahem...western carolina mountains? You mean the tail of the dragon, Modshack.

Maximum amount of jealousy has been accomplished.

How'd that TT-RS look in person?

Oh and OP: not in the same ballpark price wise. Cayman S for purity as a drivers car, 335i for N54 mod-ability, A5 for looks and comfort, GTI for all around awesomeness.

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
All three are above GTI. Plus, comparing Cayman S with GTI is comparing apples and bananas. They're in different class. Cayman all the way my friend.

2007 Cayman > 2012 GTI

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Ahem...western carolina mountains? You mean the tail of the dragon, Modshack.

Maximum amount of jealousy has been accomplished.

How'd that TT-RS look in person?

Ummm...Yup! 400 miles of playing out there over 2 days...:thumbsup:

The APR Project S4 filmed me up and back on the Dragon (Simon, International Sales Manager, drew the short straw for this event!)... Videos should be awesome once he posts them up!
Should be an APR Sway bar ad the GTi did so well.

I have several friends with TTRS's....They're pretty awesome.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A5 is poopy. I'd much rather take the Cayman or the 335i. S5 would be a different story, but Cayman would be top choice obviously. Hell, I'd rather buy a GTI over the A5 for god sakes. One of our local members actually did, haha.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
A5 is poopy. I'd much rather take the Cayman or the 335i. S5 would be a different story, but Cayman would be top choice obviously. Hell, I'd rather buy a GTI over the A5 for god sakes. One of our local members actually did, haha.

Yeah...The 5 isn't all that, even the S5. My buddy has one I've driven (V8 version) and another has a 2.0 A5, both 6 speed manuals. Nice cars if you're into luxo cruising and killer looks, but not nearly the fun of a GTi. It would take some work to bring it up to speed.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
That's awesome, I definitely have to pay a visit in the next couple of years when I'm traveling around. How bad is it really with the bikes though? I've heard slow-ass Harleys run the show...