GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chameleons?

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Anyone else keep chameleons? I've got two panthers. I put together a closet setup with automatic mister by MistKing.

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
I don't keep chameleons but I did have two ginormous pixie frogs. Just thought id let you know... nothing else to add about chameleons tho.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
I don't keep chameleons but I did have two ginormous pixie frogs. Just thought id let you know... nothing else to add about chameleons tho.

Pixie frogs are crazy looking. Did you feed them mice when they got big? I'm thinking about getting a Red Eyed Tree Frog/Terrarium setup next.

BTW, I love the way you have your ride set up. What type of front bumper did you install?

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Pixie frogs are crazy looking. Did you feed them mice when they got big? I'm thinking about getting a Red Eyed Tree Frog/Terrarium setup next.

BTW, I love the way you have your ride set up. What type of front bumper did you install?

looks like an oettinger.

i dont own any but a friend at work had one for a year then it died when he moved into his new house. he had his setup next to a 150 gal fish tank and didnt set the fish tank up when he moved to his new house. i think the loss of the "white noise" from the fish tank is what killed his chameleon. if that makes any sense to you.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
looks like an oettinger.

i dont own any but a friend at work had one for a year then it died when he moved into his new house. he had his setup next to a 150 gal fish tank and didnt set the fish tank up when he moved to his new house. i think the loss of the "white noise" from the fish tank is what killed his chameleon. if that makes any sense to you.

They're really sensitive animals, could be lots of factors. I've owned quite a few different types of reptiles in my time & chameleons are one of the more involved to take care of.

They need correct UVB lighting, temperature, humidity & supplement schedule. Plus, they won't drink out of a bowl, you must mist their cages down at least twice a day. And/or have a dripper available. I went ahead & bought an automatic mister which really helps keeping them hydrated.

Even stress alone can kill them, which is what could have happened to your buddy's chameleon after the move. My wife & I are planning on moving to New Orleans this summer, I'm a little worried about relocating mine. They'll have to go into smaller cages for a while because we'll be renting a smaller apartment for the first 6 mo's while we're down there.

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange

Yeah hes right it's an Oettinger body kit. thanks for the complement.

I have always been interested in owning a Chameleon but I have heard they are very hard to maintain. My pixie frogs was almost no care. I did have mixed feelings about feeding him mice and rats. He would not eat frozen ones even if I moved it around. He got to the point were he would just swallow the mouse in one gulp. Sadly I let one of my friends have one and my larger one lived for about 5 years.

There is a great vivarium right near my condo that sells a great collection of reptiles and amphibians. Might eventually get something else. :)

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Yeah hes right it's an Oettinger body kit. thanks for the complement.

I have always been interested in owning a Chameleon but I have heard they are very hard to maintain. My pixie frogs was almost no care. I did have mixed feelings about feeding him mice and rats. He would not eat frozen ones even if I moved it around. He got to the point were he would just swallow the mouse in one gulp. Sadly I let one of my friends have one and my larger one lived for about 5 years.

There is a great vivarium right near my condo that sells a great collection of reptiles and amphibians. Might eventually get something else. :)

this is OT, but mlow, did you install your kit yourself or did you have a shop do it? im curious how the sideskirt installation is, the pdf instructions seem a little odd to me. ive got the front bumper and a rear quad exit bumper waiting to be painted and i need to order the skirts.

07emkayvee

Slappin' Da Bass Mon!
Where does one buy a chameleon?? I'd love to own one. Dont the little fuckers go for a pretty penny tho?

Alexiscoolbitches

Fortified with biscuits
Where does one buy a chameleon?? I'd love to own one. Dont the little fuckers go for a pretty penny tho?

You have to be a chamillionaire to own one.

Zing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
it depends on what species of chameleon you want....they range in prices. cheapest ones tho i think are like 80 for a baby. Then you need all the equip for the enclosure which is not very cheap.

nice look chameleons you have OP really colorful

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Flapenn! :biggrin:

You can get a veiled (mostly green with a crown on his head) baby for around $40 at some reptile shows. Panthers are a lot more colorful & usually got for $150-$350 depending on rarity, etc. They've got breeders you can order them from.

They'res many different kinds of chameleons, but veileds & panthers are the most popular. There's some called Parson's that are huge that go for $3000+ :eyebulge:

Make you do research on how to care for them & they're needs BEFORE you get one, or you'll have a dead chameleon on your hands.

A good website to read up on them & find dealers is at www.chameleonforums.com

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
this is OT, but mlow, did you install your kit yourself or did you have a shop do it? im curious how the sideskirt installation is, the pdf instructions seem a little odd to me. ive got the front bumper and a rear quad exit bumper waiting to be painted and i need to order the skirts.

I don't want to off topic this thread. PM me and ill explain how to install. Very easy.

I have always wanted to have a chameleon but a few of my friends that own some say they require a lot of care when compared to other species of lizards and amphibians. I am scared to kill one. I would fee horrible if i cared for it wrong.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
I have always wanted to have a chameleon but a few of my friends that own some say they require a lot of care when compared to other species of lizards and amphibians. I am scared to kill one. I would fee horrible if i cared for it wrong.

They're really not all that much harder. Just make sure you do your research first. It helps to have timers for the lights & an automatic mister. WWW.chameleonforums.com has tons of great info on it. Or, you can always PM me if you have any specific questions on it if you're interested. :thumbsup:

mlowmk5

nothing rhymes w/ orange
thanks for the advise! I found an old photo of my pixie frog. This weekend I'm going to stop at my local vivarium and just check things out.