GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Classical Music

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone listen to this genre? I am trying it out and honestly I am left confused after everyone song. Usually when I listen to music I can conjure up some kind of emotion and decide if I enjoy it or not. Classical music just leaves me .. dumbfounded. Am I supposed to just sit back, relax and appreciate the music? Is there a kind of history that i'm supposed to understand before listening to this kind of music? I'm waiting for an emotional roller coaster but i'm getting nothing.

Here's what i'm trying to listen to - http://8tracks.com/takesome_time/a-classical-thanksgiving

EMSGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
It really depends on the piece of music your listening too. Some you just listen and hear how the composer is changing and morphing the main melody, some pieces are meant to evoke specific images like vivaldis four seasons, and some has rich history behind it such as Beethoven's 3rd symphony which was originally dedicated and named after Napoleon, whom Beethoven admired greatly, but after Napoleon crowned himself king of France Beethoven saw that as a very arrogant action and changed the name of the symphony to Eroica which means heroic. And their are some pieces of music that contain all three of these characteristics.

Soulmaker1

Ready to race!
Try the Baroque and the Mozart channels on Pandora. They are my favorite.

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I had difficulty appreciating it early on, but once you consider the amount of people playing such a large assortment of instruments and doing it so masterfully, it kinda blew my mind. I smoked alot then too lol, but even now I will put on some classical and enjoy it.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Get yourself a good version of the 1812 Overture (with real cannons, not drums pretending to be cannons), play it LOUD, and then see if you get the emotional response you are looking for. Just like any other form of music, not all classical is great. The 1812 is.