GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climate control secret features?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
Hi im from aus we have a mk golf gti with dsg.

now i read how to get the actual speed up on the climate control, and was wondeirng what the rest of the settings show us, but couldnt find anything about them anywhere.

so was wondering if anyone knows what they all do and mean, or where i can find out.

thanx

SSS_Hoon

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Press and hold the [ECON] button then press the button for the upper air vents (with the arrow pointed up) and the left climate control screen should have 0's in it.

Now spin the Left tempature dial until the number in the window says 19, that should display the speed in the right screen in KM/H, to switch to MP/H turn the center dial until the little number next to the 19 switches from a 0 to a 1.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i know that one, but was wondering does anyone know what the rest of them are for?

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
ok well i ahve figure out a few more.

on setting 19 with little 0 that is speed in kph, little 1 is in mph little 2 is engine temp and little 3 is engine rpm but as for little 4 i have no idea.

anyone know what the others are is there a boost guage in there somewhere?

SSS_Hoon

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
do all mkv come with this neat gadget?? and yea a boost gauge would be sweet!

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
if it has dual zone climate control i think it does have it.

SSS_Hoon

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
SSS_Hoon said:
ok well i ahve figure out a few more.

on setting 19 with little 0 that is speed in kph, little 1 is in mph little 2 is engine temp and little 3 is engine rpm but as for little 4 i have no idea.

anyone know what the others are is there a boost guage in there somewhere?

SSS_Hoon
I think little 4 is the boost as for it only works with the engine running and it climbs as the rpm does but of course does not match up with it. So my bet is on boost readings. As for all the others I have no clue:bonk:

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
well does anyone know what boost these things put out? I will check the gauge on the way home but i would assume if it shows anything about 15 (which sounds high even) then i would say it is not the boost gauge

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Man...I knew I should of got the climat control package. I wonder if the unit would just plug in and replace what I have now?

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
how do you make the climate control go back to normal? Just tun off the engine and back on? I haven't ried this yet so I dont know.....

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
Jeppe said:
As in oil temp? If so that is great news for me. I have wondered why the GTI doesn't have a gauge for that.

no not oil temp it coolant temp.

and the little 4 i think is the speed of the air con compressor?

SSS_Hoon