GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch slave cylinder failure...

Scrappy

Driving home from work last week my clutch pedal went soft and barely comes back up in its own. I gave it a healthy bleeding and got lots of air out of it. It worked like normal for a day, then back to a spongey pedal. So tomorrow's mission will be to removed the transmission and replace the faulty slave cylinder. Figured while it is out I would install a clutch kit, rear main seal, slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder. Then some new transmission fluid after the gear box is back in. I will take pics and report back after it is done.

Watsol

This happened to me a short while back. Managed a few more miles by lifting the clutch with my toe but it eventually failed completely (AA recovered me). Replaced master and slave cylinders (master was tough to get to!) - or rather, my husband did. Was ok but learnt a lot about refilling the system and what not to do (or rather, in which order:rolleyes:). That would have saved us a lot of time. Good luck.

Scrappy

Happily it is all done after a cold day in the garage, drives like new again! Water pump next, then timing chains.