GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CNN Money's 8 Great Road Trip Cars = FAIL

josein06gli

GLI OWNER

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Why would you let news outlets like this drive your opinion on cars? These articles are for the dude who commutes in the Accord and Prius, not us.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
so you don't think the A8 or the Bentley would be great road trip cars? I can't imagine a more comfortable ride.

between? more like phaeton < A8 < Bentley

x2

so you don't think the A8 or the Bentley would be great road trip cars? I can't imagine a more comfortable ride.

Of course, but imho a good road trip car gets good mileage, has plenty of room to sit back, maybe sleep, eat some snacks, play some lil jon music, etc. I would feel awkward doing any of those things in those cars since they are so nice. Id be afraid to screw something up. There would be no relaxing. And they both get donkey ass gas mileage.

The convertibles and the mustang is just dumb to me. They are great for going our for the day, taking a drive down to the beach, etc. But I couldnt imagine going from FL to NY/Texas/LA/whatever in one of those. Again, at least not with that road trip! mindset.

Moses

Go Kart Champion
worst list ever.

those cars have nothing to do with road trips. they're just random ass cars.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
.:R32 on Bags w/ BBS RSs is obviously the best roadtripping car. cnn is dumb.

J-DUB

got splashback?

not for 99% of americans that can barely pay for their house.

lextildeath

Ready to race!
between? more like phaeton < A8 < Bentley

Uh uh.

The Phaeton is based off of the Bentley Continetal. Put the two cars up on a lift, and go look underneath. You won't be able to tell them apart.

Phaeton and Continental each weigh ~ 5,000 pounds.

A8 weighs only ~4,000 pounds.