GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COD Modern warfare 3

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
With all the talk about a november 2011 release figured it would be time to start a thread. The modern warfare story line has always been my favorite & I'm really anticipating this game. Black ops is fun, but I love the modern weaponry.

It will be interesting to see if the call of duty franchise can pull it off again? Especially with three developers working on the same game. I hear it's also the same engine being used, but with some heavy tweaks. I'm sure BF3 will be some heavy competition, but I'm sure if done right MW3 will be another big hit & a fun shooter. I know I'll be out sitting in line again like a dork:biggrin:

Last edited:

mkvtg37

women = cunts
i'll be right out there with all the nerds waiting as well :thumbsup:

modern warfare is a great storyline, i'm real excited about MW3, i wonder if price and mctavish will be hunted down by US troops

Last edited:

Bryan06GTI

On my best behavior
Time to dust off MW2 and play the campaign again

UberJAY

Go Kart Champion
sick, any clues on anything?

pitbull592

Go Kart Champion
according to call of duty wiki (i know, super reliable source bro) there are rumors that ghost could be the lead role... BUT... didn't shephard kill ghost and roach off in MW2?

hmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Modern_Warfare_3
All the rumors point to a prequel right before the events of MW2, so in theory ghost would still be alive. Heck, even if he was dead they could bring him back universal soldier style.

I don't think MW3 will disappoint knowing they'll make a billion dollars if it's a solid game. I just think COD has it down with the multiplayer, though with Raven doing the mp it may be sketchy, but I think IW/activision will have overall control so who knows:iono:

I bought medal of honor & homefront & they where both turds imo. I really think BF3 will give the COD franchise their biggest challenge yet with all the rave reviews I hear about their updated frostbite 2 engine. You can destroy buildings, drag your buddies to safety, mount weapons anywhere, cover & conceal more realistically etc... but I don't think COD will give up the title so easily & who knows what tweaks have been made to the IW engine. After all they've been working on it since MW2 came out. That's the thing with these games when you make a great shooter it's hard to top it. I'd just be happy with more customization, less bugs/hacking, some more weapon choices. Either way I'll end up getting both:biggrin:

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
Any COD game will sell millions because shooters happen to be what's hot. I've played all of 2 COD games and was disappointed with the second one (World at War). Modern Warfare wasn't bad for a shooter but lacked any substantial substance, took me about 9 hours to beat the campaign.

Much like the rest of the CODs, I'll be looking elsewhere preferably for a game series that doesn't suck.

mkvtg37

women = cunts
All the rumors point to a prequel right before the events of MW2, so in theory ghost would still be alive. Heck, even if he was dead they could bring him back universal soldier style.

I'd just be happy with more customization, less bugs/hacking, some more weapon choices. Either way I'll end up getting both:biggrin:

i really hope they don't take it before the events of MW2. i want to see what happens next!!! :fighting0030:

and i think a good mix between black ops and MW2 would set the multiplayer just right. i love how the start up is set in MW2; just weapons shown not your character swaying back and forth (BO)

and i would love to see tactical mask, last stand, and commando pro taken away. everything else is fine. oh and no CTF games completed for marathon pro. that shit is fucking annoying.

i really hope they don't take it before the events of MW2. i want to see what happens next!!! :fighting0030:

and i think a good mix between black ops and MW2 would set the multiplayer just right. i love how the start up is set in MW2; just weapons shown not your character swaying back and forth (BO)

and i would love to see tactical mask, last stand, and commando pro taken away. everything else is fine. oh and no CTF games completed for marathon pro. that shit is fucking annoying.

:word: I thought Black Ops campaign was the best in the series imo. The story was great and it held you in suspense and confusion all the way until the end. Then all of a sudden everything clicks. MW is great obv, but BO just went about it in a different way and I respect that.

I would love to see the Black Ops play style, just with updated weapons. Im also more of a fan of the IW engine. It's just too bad they had to fuck it up with all of the annoying little things like stacking killstreaks, last stand, commando, quickscoping, etc. A merge of the last two CODs would be epic imo.

That rumor is from about a year ago and they squashed it.

Not exactly.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/po...ltiplayer-fee-coming-analyst-michael-pachter/

If this happens I will be done with COD. I will never pay a monthly fee for games. That is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Anything more than what my ISP charges is too much. Paying for DLC is crap as well.

mkvtg37

women = cunts
another thing that would be pretty cool is maybe a bayonet attachment for assault rifles; maybe it could be a quicker knife melee idk