GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Component Protection active fix

DFO714

On many cold start-ups component protection goes active. This make the infotainment screen not work, so no music or HVAC controls. To my car, it seems to happen about 15% of the time I cold start my car when it is below 40 degrees F out.

Holding the power button on the S model for ten seconds seems to fix it for that drive. However, it is still annoying to have to do this all the time. Is there a permanent fix for this yet? Seems to be a common enough problem that VW would have to address it. Dealer did not have a fix last time I checked.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi there. Do you have the infotainment with the 2 knobs (Pr-Code:I8Q) ? If so then there is a tpi that recognises the problem and is caused by the software bug. At the moment the TPI 2069713/1 states that for now a temporary solution is to restart the infotainment. They are preparing a new software version that will fix the problem.

DFO714

Hi there. Do you have the infotainment with the 2 knobs (Pr-Code:I8Q) ? If so then there is a tpi that recognises the problem and is caused by the software bug. At the moment the TPI 2069713/1 states that for now a temporary solution is to restart the infotainment. They are preparing a new software version that will fix the problem.
Yes, I have the one with 2 knobs. Thank you for the information, hopefully they fix it soon