GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

considering trading GTI for...

Dybz

Banned
a miata

http://www.schaumburgmazda.com/used/Mazda/2008-Mazda-MX-5+Miata-e4dc723b0a0a0002006ff32953dd930a.htm

car payments would go down, but i would be paying interest (currently have 0% financing). i've been paying off the car since july 09 when i bought it new. figure i could get 3500-4000 on top of what i still owe, so that would go straight as a down payment. i don't really need the back seats in the GTI, i think i've used them twice the past year. trunk is so so... i've actually needed it twice since i bought the car lol.

thoughts on the trade? going to test drive tomorrow. kbb for the car is 20k.

kicku9

MKV OLDMAN
OMFG really only two people drive that. GAY men and women. those car are so fugly.

utekineir

Banned
Homos have a ton of fun, I don't really see the problem.

Seriously, sad gay dudes don't exist apart from boy George.

Dybz

Banned
well partially payments would go down, so that'ld be nice. i get bored of cars too easily, so GTI is kinda getting there. i'm really itching to get a manual. FWD is getting old. so a multitude of reasons.

my only concern is whether now is the right time. i'm graduating soon and might be able to afford something a bit bigger/better down the line, but at the same time i could see the miata being enough fun to keep as a weekend toy for a while and would be a great car to really learn how to drive with.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
well partially payments would go down, so that'ld be nice. i get bored of cars too easily, so GTI is kinda getting there. i'm really itching to get a manual. FWD is getting old. so a multitude of reasons.

my only concern is whether now is the right time. i'm graduating soon and might be able to afford something a bit bigger/better down the line, but at the same time i could see the miata being enough fun to keep as a weekend toy for a while and would be a great car to really learn how to drive with.

What would you get if your budget was bigger? The Miata seems like it'd be fun as long as you don't need to carry anything.

raysgtimkv

Tiger Blood.
Miatas are pretty cool, i test drove a MX-5 speed that my mom was looking to buy. She liked the car a lot but the practicalness of if was very low since in the Chicago area the weather is unexpected a lot of times. Overall she didn't get it because the winters we have wouldn't be fun for her commute. Its a fun car to have but not the best when it comes to winter driving lol.

Dybz

Banned
went in, test drove, smiled. it's a fun little car. i really loved the shifter feel, but the clutch is a bit sensitive on the uptake. would have to get used to it, but i've never owned a manual car so that might be part of it haha. loved the twisty road the dealer took us to, but the car was definitely down on power on the straights.

get back to the dealership, sit down, talk a bit. guy says he's going to go check out my car, etc. comes back with an offer for 14k... that was about the end of discussion. i was pushing 18k, which is a bit high i know, but geez 14? i warned him i needed to get back to work, he said if he gets me 17.5 would i buy the car today. i said i don't know, and we discussed a bit. he let slip that they wouldn't offer me 17.5 unless they had a buyer right away, heh. that's when i said gotta go, call you tomorrow.

was a fun drive at least, and realized i like miata type cars and miss not having a stick shift.

raysgtimkv

Tiger Blood.
Definitely a fun car i am not doubting that! Also test drove a Honda s2000 as a potential option and thats also a really fun car to drive. I would probably go to a few more dealers and just see what they also have for some prices and some more knowledge

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
HELL NO!

Scharf