GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

B1mmer

Ready to race!
I took off the RPV’s tonight, bled the system and went out to bed in the new Ferodo DS2500’s. I engaged ABS on multiple stops on purpose. Then I rebled all 4 corners. The brakes and pedal feel wonderful with no OBDeleven tweaks or RPV’s. I’m quite pleased as this is 100% legal, which is what I must have for National events. Thanks for questioning the RPV’s GTIfan99. I wasn’t reading closely enough and feeling they could be justified as part of the brake line. They can’t. - AB

ntran

Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wonder if 17x8.5" Motegi MR145 will clear the brakes. Seems to have the same amount of backspace as the 18x8.5" version that is confirmed to clear. I guess its a matter if the barrel will clear.

Time to run 17" at the track :rolleyes:
Any luck with the clearance? I'm looking to get these for my Golf R.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
For bleeding is it worth it to bother with running the ABS bleed function in obd11 or just send it on the brakes a few times?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm going to be the next to join the Macan club! Calipers are ordered from Delaware VW and should be here Friday, Techna-Fit lines were ready in a day and on their way, powerstop Z26 (street) and Track Day pads on order. Replacing my caliper bolts at the same time, because why not. I'm just going to do a gloss black VHT paint job myself, we'll see if I regret that after a few track days next month.

Really looking forward to dropping some weight and keeping 17's!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I took off the RPV’s tonight, bled the system and went out to bed in the new Ferodo DS2500’s. I engaged ABS on multiple stops on purpose. Then I rebled all 4 corners. The brakes and pedal feel wonderful with no OBDeleven tweaks or RPV’s. I’m quite pleased as this is 100% legal, which is what I must have for National events. Thanks for questioning the RPV’s GTIfan99. I wasn’t reading closely enough and feeling they could be justified as part of the brake line. They can’t. - AB
I'm glad it all worked out for you.

It's all about bleeding, bleeding, bleeding.

John1234

Car(s)
Audi S3
I’ve been following this thread and was about to do it until I contacted the Porsche dealerships and they gave me a 3 week shipping time. If anybody let’s go of their set, shoot me a PM. By chance did anyone take a picture of their cut up dust shield with air duct?

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Didn't take any pictures but this is how I cut mine up with a hacksaw. The two forward tabs kept hitting into the caliper preventing me from getting the mount bolts in.

I also made sure to leave enough on the bottom to still keep the ball joint shielded. Rest I just hit with a rubber mallet a few times so the lip didn't rub on the rotor.

5q0-615-311-f-.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yup. Thanks for the information, especially the bleed order stuff. It’s backwards of every car I have ever worked on. - AB
Yep, I think it has to do with the location of the ABS pump.

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
has someone legitimately found what the OB11/VCDS ABS bleed function is? Or is it just a meme at this point to bring it up?
Went back into OBD11. This is what I believe is the abs bleed function. Was talking to an Audi tech at the dealership and they say that they step through this during a brake bleed and it cycles the pump

23892201-CB45-4CC4-A3E9-100D27339B5D.jpeg

I also found this which lets you change the size of both the front and rear rotors. No idea if it changes anything

21200C4B-05D0-4018-9A5B-C4B0C987DB1C.jpeg

And finally, if there is anyone who is annoyed with the brake pad indicator light, cause they no longer have pad sensors. It can be disabled via OBD11/Vagcom

Control Unit 09 Central Electrics
Long Coding
Byte 04, Bit 7 – Brake pad wear sensor – Installed/Not Installed