GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
who ran Macan brakes with a 17in winter wheel setup? if so, which wheels and pics if available. also what rotor size are you using, 340mm or 345mm? this is my current winter setup, some 17in OEM Passat wheels.

View attachment 212691

17x8.5 Motegi MR145 Traklite 3.0 with 345mm rotors.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The rotors will being 340 or 345 have zero to do with wheel clearance. It's the calipers you have to clear.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just noticed this on a Russian forum..Audi TT-RS vented splash shields...straight bolt on the MQB hub carriers....no part numbers..might be good for those going 345mm discs...

Передние 6-ти поршневые суппорта! — Volkswagen Golf Alltrack, 1.8 liter, 2017 year on DRIVE2
Aren't they designed for 370mm rotors? Might not be an use, but I would worry about clearance with 17" wheels. Maybe?

Does the RS3 use same shield? If so I know where I can get one to test fit.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Man, fuck me in the ass.

All in, $1,280.77.

For something that could be posted in the Cosmetic Mods sub-forum.

Any of y'all just sit back and ponder "Why do I do this?"

There is one thing that is true though.

It's gonna look fuckin' dope when it's done!

To be fair, a good chunk of that was new rear rotors, which I didn't need, but of course needed them to match perfectly. And the fact that I paid quite a bit extra for the StopTech Sport Drilled and Slotted ones. As well as buying the Motive Power Bleeder, and $50 on a set of Ruthenium HX's I didn't notice was in my cart...

All things considered, that really isn't that bad if it included rear rotors. I think I was all in for around $1K and then flipped the calipers for ~$200. Sadly, this setup has killed resale on PP brakes 🤣

And yeah, it looks fantastic!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Aren't they designed for 370mm rotors? Might not be an use, but I would worry about clearance with 17" wheels. Maybe?

I get you, but I know people were trimming the existing shields....these might require trimming but they certainly have a lot of venting built in high up..as you still require to shield the ball joint rubber & ABS wires

scrllock

Autocross Champion

The venting is nice but do any of the shields fit without some suggestion from a hammer? For anyone tracking and worried about heat you'd just remove them entirely I assume.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The venting is nice but do any of the shields fit without some suggestion from a hammer? For anyone tracking and worried about heat you'd just remove them entirely I assume.

I cut mine down and just left some to cover the abs sensors.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My plan was to not replace my dust shields. I was going to remove the ones from my 312mm rotors, use a vice\hammer to flatten the edges, and put them back on. No further trimming or modification would be required, would it? And they'll still protect what's necessary? I could get the PP ones for the 340mm rotors, but would still need to be flattened on the edges, and wouldn't "wrap" around the rotors like they normally do. So it seems like a waste of money. The RS3 370mm ones would just be comically too big and still require modification.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If you have a vice, even a small one, it makes quick work of the lip around the edges of the shields. It's soft metal, didn't even crack it anywhere and less work than a hammer.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
My plan was to not replace my dust shields. I was going to remove the ones from my 312mm rotors, use a vice\hammer to flatten the edges, and put them back on. No further trimming or modification would be required, would it? And they'll still protect what's necessary? I could get the PP ones for the 340mm rotors, but would still need to be flattened on the edges, and wouldn't "wrap" around the rotors like they normally do. So it seems like a waste of money. The RS3 370mm ones would just be comically too big and still require modification.

Just for you I went out and took these pics.

The discs are only 2.5mm larger so the brake shields still cover them fine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

That works for a street car. Break out that hammer.

Mailing your paint after lunch.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R