GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cops in Performance Cars

I dunno if this is just a thing in CT recently but it may be a trend across the U.S. that police departments are getting much more powerful cars than the damn crown vic's.

The CT state police are getting Dodge Charger's and some towns even have them, and there are a few towns that have mustang's and WRX's which i think is freakin crazy.

Saw two dodge charger's on the highway this morning parked in a very common cop area... they were dark grey with wicked dark tinted windows including the windshield, it was unmarked but you can tell its a cop by the municipal license plate and the lights behind the grill

07Noside

Banned
The charger cops are even slower then the crown vics around here and to have a faster car is completely useless in nj at least. State troopers as well as local pd have a strict no chase rule if you can out run the cop without them getting a plate your in the clear. The chargers around here aree not even the high output v6's they're slow and heavy.

The charger cops are even slower then the crown vics around here and to have a faster car is completely useless in nj at least. State troopers as well as local pd have a strict no chase rule if you can out run the cop without them getting a plate your in the clear. The chargers around here aree not even the high output v6's they're slow and heavy.

yea i was surprised when i started seeing the charger's.. however one time i was able to get close enough in rush hour traffic aka crawling to see one that was a V8 HEMI AWD, i have seen some departments with mustang's but the charger's are popping a lot more often around here, they must've gotten deals on fleets of them or something cause i dont see the real major benefit

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Chargers over here are supercharged beasts. NY state troopers also have a '00 body style camaro. The Port Washington PD have 2 or 3 chargers. the 2 unmarked ones are supercharged (black and white), both tinted out beyond belief. They also have a suburban or some kind and some other 4 wheel drive truck, i think the new durango, on top of all the crown vics.

07Noside

Banned
Chargers over here are supercharged beasts. NY state troopers also have a '00 body style camaro. The Port Washington PD have 2 or 3 chargers. the 2 unmarked ones are supercharged (black and white), both tinted out beyond belief. They also have a suburban or some kind and some other 4 wheel drive truck, i think the new durango, on top of all the crown vics.
Unless they're tuning the chargers aftermarket dodge doesn't offer anything besides a 5.7l v8 n/a with 340hp and 390lb/tq to the pd. Even with the v8 they're still dogs being heavy as can be with all the added extras to make it a squad car. I'll just about bet that in the 1/4 mile a stg1 gti will pwn the v8 charger just because of the weight and them having an automatic trans.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
I know the pwpd chargers are def supercharged. But that police dept. has more money than they know what to do with. Top of the line everything. A buddy of mine spoke with some of the cops he knows and he told me that they tweak the shit out of those chargers. But i def agree with you, they are heavy as hell.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
i spoke to a local cop (this was in jersey) in my area who was driving the new pd charger. he told me they came in 2 engines. the slower v8 and the srt-8 motor. chargers are all over the staten island expressway. marked, unmarked, you name it they have it. i've yet to see any on the nj turnpike. just new suburbans.

07Noside

Banned
i spoke to a local cop (this was in jersey) in my area who was driving the new pd charger. he told me they came in 2 engines. the slower v8 and the srt-8 motor. chargers are all over the staten island expressway. marked, unmarked, you name it they have it. i've yet to see any on the nj turnpike. just new suburbans.

I Just don't see the positives of having a 6.1 liter highway cruiser When they're not able to chase.

CT pursuit law: http://www.ct.gov/DPS/cwp/view.asp?a=2151&q=294336

too long to post it but it basically says there is no real definitive yes/no on pursuits, it's all cops/supervisor's discretion based on the safety of other vehicles, road conditions and seriousness of the reason they were being pulled over to begin with but i like this tidbit

(4) A pursuit may be terminated if the identity of the occupants has been determined, immediate apprehension is not necessary to protect the public or police officers, and apprehension at a later time is feasible.

so basically as long as they get your license plate or you have a bright effin orange VW (not hard to find) theyre gonna catch you for it later lol

case in point there was a guy pulled over in CT somewhere's in north haven/new haven for speeding and to get the jist of it the guy said he wasnt speeding but the officer said that a police helicopter caught him 15-20 miles north going over 100mph on 84 in hartford and they gave him a ticket for that and the guy took it to court claiming that you have to pull me over to ticket me at the time i was speeding, this was a while ago and i dont know what the outcome was but i bet you he still got slapped with the ticket but he makes a good point

07Noside

Banned
yea you have to pulled over by the officer witnessing you commit the crime. In NJ we have those stupid red light cameras posted every where. If any of you ever get a letter in the mail with a fine and violation because of being caught on these bring it to court you will have it dropped. There has to be an issuing officer not a computer.

^^ yea i agree you should have to be pulled over or physically seen by a cop to get a ticket and from what i've heard where they use copters here there are white Xs on the highways you can see them and they dont use a radar gun they measure your time from X to X and then do some rough math to get your speed, that you should be able to fight

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
Florida is kinda like that. Alot of places are starting to use V8 Chargers and the highway patrol has been using 00 Camaros for a long time now. My father supervises the city of tampa fleet logistics department, so hes the one in charge of purchasing new police vehicles. He got a chance to drive a Charger interceptor. He said it was easily the fastest police vehicle he'd ever tested for the city.

Widebody MkVer

Performance Infused Style
in most states if you cannot prove that the owner of the vehicle was the driver at the time of said infraction the case against said owner should be dropped. (explaining the not getting pulled for speeding at the time of infraction.)