GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cops

JesGistang

Passed Driver's Ed
If you're a cop...you're a dick

That is your personal opinion love. My husband (a cop) has a dick, but he most certainly isn't one. He treats others with the same respect that he would want shown to him. ;)

dubman6

It's a 50/50 if you get a dick cop or a nice one. Respecting their authority means a lot to them and gets you further than retaliating like a dick. I've been let off soo many times for just showing respect. Pulled over for doing 65 in a 25 school zone!!

I always have dark tint on my cars! Florida is too hot for that light shit so I'm normally at 13%. Anytime I get pulled over its never for tint because I always roll down the windows and I'm never cited for it. It's never even brought up.

Wopasaurus

Ready to race!
ITT - Reasons it's more expensive to insure a GTI for everyone else...

That being said, got a window tint ticket. Luckily in Ohio it's a non moving violation and is like a parking ticket. It doesn't even show up on your record, and they can't find it during a background search.

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Personally I think tints, no front license plate (in NJ) is just asking for it and it really is not worth it. I see no reason to give the law a reason to pull you over. In a way it is like challenging them.

I got pulled over on the GS parkway, state trooper said I was speeding. When he saw it was an old guy (me) he just asked me where I was going.
I told him the airport and he just told me to take it easy and have a nice day.

Dayv

Ready to race!
One thing I've noticed in the VA area is that different police departments have different attitudes they seem to teach to all their officers. State police are hard-asses, Fairfax police tend to be straight-up jerks no matter what, but the majority of my dealings with Alexandria, Arlington, and Falls Church police have been pleasant as long as nobody was actually getting arrested. Park police tend to vary from person to person.

I've only been pulled over once in the last eight years, doing 60 in a 40 (GW parkway), and the park police let me off with a warning when they asked where I was going and I said I was heading to pick up my wife and her friends from a bar. I think they were happy to tell me to slow down a bit if it meant a sober guy was keeping drunks off the road.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Want to be left alone (as much as possible) by the police?
Then leave your car as visibly stock as possible.
If it catches the eye of laymen, it's definatley going to catch the eye of the police.
Dark tints, stickers - particuarly immature, obnoxious or speed related stickers like a "shocker" or grenade.
Those things scream: Young jerk-off driving this car!

Similarly any mod like a spoiler, loud exhaust, obviously lowered car etc. is just asking for it.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Challenging a cops authority is always gonna end badly.

If you're from the military and its not your fault you were assigned to be an MP then got a job as a cop in civilian life..... then you're a lazy dick. Get another job.

Traffic laws in general are about generating revenue for little towns, ever been hassled for tint in Manhatten?

An imperfect system for enforcing these traffic laws at best (using people) I'm not excited about the alternatives (photo radar etc.) which leave no chance for a warning (only a court appearance if you want to try to get out of it)

Traffic situations are the only area where cops are allowed to break the law to catch the lawbreakers, do cops murder to catch murderers? This in itself shows that traffic laws are flimsy at best and really serve little purpose in protecting us in reality. Left on their own with reasonable restrictions ie.) stop lights, reasonable speed limits, etc. the general public would be fine/safe.

You'd better be no older than 17. :lol:

OMGTI_MKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Fuck Da Police!!! Bastard gave me a ticket the day after Christmas while i was with my wife and kids...I missed my exit went to the next exit, got back on the highway..gps stated next exit .7 miles as i started nearing an exit, realized this was my exit and there was about a 1/2 mile until the exit sign..so i checked the rear view saw 2 cars starting to take the exit about 20 car lenghts behind me, put my blinker on and crossed over the white line (not in an aggressive manner because there was plenty of time and asphalt) and Pig Captain O'malley pulled me over and ticketed me...talking about I almost wrecked the guy infront of him...

rs999

Go Kart Champion
My last encounter was with a state trooper on 395 S right below DC. It was 8:30 AM and I was just getting on 395 to head to work. State trooper pulls me over, gives me a tint ticket, ticket for my license plate being in my windshield and not on my bumper, and another ticket for "DEFECTIVE EXHAUST."

I am on the 95's a lot especially 395 and 495 heading towards Alexandria.

What brand of exhaust are you running?

I have an AWE TBE coming and I don't want to be ticketed for Defective Exhaust. :mad:

Also, what was the cost of the Defective Exhaust ticket?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Challenging a cops authority is always gonna end badly.

If you're from the military and its not your fault you were assigned to be an MP then got a job as a cop in civilian life..... then you're a lazy dick. Get another job.

Traffic laws in general are about generating revenue for little towns, ever been hassled for tint in Manhatten?

An imperfect system for enforcing these traffic laws at best (using people) I'm not excited about the alternatives (photo radar etc.) which leave no chance for a warning (only a court appearance if you want to try to get out of it)

Traffic situations are the only area where cops are allowed to break the law to catch the lawbreakers, do cops murder to catch murderers? This in itself shows that traffic laws are flimsy at best and really serve little purpose in protecting us in reality. Left on their own with reasonable restrictions ie.) stop lights, reasonable speed limits, etc. the general public would be fine/safe.

You have one of the most warped senses of (il)logic ive seen in a long time....

Its super simple. If you are going to break the law with actions or equipment you should expect a ticket. You know you are breaking the law when you take the cat off. You know you are breaking the law when you tint your windows darker than they are supposed to be. You know you are breaking the law when you decide to do 20 over. So every time you do it, expect to get a ticket/summons for it and every time you dont, enjoy the freebie.

The real issue is normal every day people dont want you in your stupid ass flat brim hat on tilt eyeball fucking them over the gap of your blacked out windows while you roll down their neigh orhood streets with a fucking exhaust and stereo so loud its rattling their windows and waking their baby up.

One day way back when i got tired of getting pulled over by stupid pig cops with nothing better to do than harass me, so i sprung a plan into action. How could i enjoy my car and not get hassled by the poh-leeces? So i peeled my blacked out tint in favor of a legal shade, turned my stereo down to a volume that didnt lead to permanent hearing loss, put a cat and a resonator on my exhaust so that i dont sound like a top fuel dragster waiting for the light to change, and i stopped driving like a dick. Its amazing, but almost immediately i stopped getting pulled over. Its almost as if im invisible to police now....i cant explain it, but its been 8 years since my last ticket. Crazy.

Bottom line is this: play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Realize that all those little things you are doing to call attention to yourself do exactly that. And the 99.9% of people who arent into cars are sick of having their attention drawn to your stereo, exhaust, speed/driving habits, etc. If you think its the 'lazy cops fault' for doing their job on calling you out for being the asshole you are, then you need to get your ass out of your parents basement and start waking up for work before the sun comes up and go to work. Responsibilities will make the little bullshit of life miraculously disappear.

/thread

Last edited:
P

plac

Bottom line is this. If you are going to break the law with actions or equipment you should expect a ticket. You know you are breaking the law when you take the cat off. You know you are breaking the law when you tint your windows darker than they are supposed to be. You know you are breaking the law when you decide to do 20 over. So every time you do it, expect to get a ticket/summons for it and every time you dont, enjoy the freebie.

The real issue is normal every day people dont want you in your stupid ass flat brim hat on tilt eyeball fucking them over the gap of your blacked out windows while you roll down their neigh orhood streets with a fucking exhaust and stereo so loud its rattling their windows and waking their baby up.

One day way back when i got tired of getting pulled over by stupid pig cops with nothing better to do than harass me, so i sprung a plan into action. How could i enjoy my car and not get hassled by the poh-leeces? So i peeled my blacked out tint in favor of a legal shade, turned my stereo down to a volume that didnt lead to permanent hearing loss, put a cat and a resonator on my exhaust so that i dont sound like a top fuel dragster waiting for the light to change, and i stopped driving like a dick. Its amazing, but almost immediately i stopped getting pulled over. Its almost as if im invisible to police now....i cant explain it, but its been 8 years since my last ticket. Crazy.

Bottom line is this: play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Realize that all those little things you are doing to call attention to yourself do exactly that. And the 99.9% of people who arent into cars are sick of having their attention drawn to your stereo, exhaust, speed/driving habits, etc. If you think its the 'lazy cops fault' for doing their job on calling you out for being the asshole you are, then you need to get your ass out of your parents basement and start waking up for work before the sun comes up and go to work. Responsibilities will make the little bullshit of life miraculously disappear.
/thread

good read..

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
And as an added bonus, with all the money saved in fines, fees, insurance, and lawyer bills, you can buy something else shiny for your car or take an actual driving course. I did Nurburgring and Laguna Seca schools last year, worth every penny, and not a single street car on either of those tracks had an exhaust that would be illegal here, or zero-d out tint, and all of the drivers actually sat upright in their seats.

Amazing

:)

McQueen77

Banned

Its super simple. If you are going to break the law with actions or equipment you should expect a ticket. You know you are breaking the law when you take the cat off. You know you are breaking the law when you tint your windows darker than they are supposed to be. You know you are breaking the law when you decide to do 20 over. So every time you do it, expect to get a ticket/summons for it and every time you dont, enjoy the freebie.

/thread

well I mean, he did choose 'metal bong' as a user name.

KurtP put it best. Drive/act like a dick, suffer the consequences. If you fit the description he through out there, flat billed hat, mad dogging everyone in your car with a half an inch ground clearance and excess tint like the asshammer that you are, I hope you get pulled over, ticketed, nightsticked and pepper sprayed.