GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Credit card fraud!

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Check your credit card statements!!!

A few months ago, I received a $69.99 charge for classiccloseouts.com on one of my credit cards. I had never done any business with them or any company that I can identify as affiliated with them. Of course, I disputed it with the bank.

I'm not the only one. Just google for classiccloseouts.com or see a couple stories just like mine:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/384/ripoff0384063.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/386/RipOff0386207.htm

So, yesterday I received mail from the bank. In it, there is a letter from classiccloseouts.com insisting that I DID order some useless service from them, which I did not and would not do. They claim that I may have done it through their other site thirdfree.com, which again, I did not and would not do. The letter included the offer that they say was sent to me (which I've never seen) and which they claim I clicked on and entered my information. The offer is signed "Danial Greenberg, CEO". They claim that the offer was sent in email, but did not provide an email address to which it was sent or any headers.

How many people have not noticed the charge on their credit card? How much money have these criminals made?

How did they get my credit card number? Security breach at somewhere that I've used it?

How can I make sure they will never do it again, and will be punished and required to repay all the stolen money?

SRTthis

NJ 2 FL
sorry to hear that. i use automated pay so i dont check my statement that often. so i check it randomly last month and low and behold $600 in charges i never used. call the company who made the charges and threw a fit and they said theyd reimburse 450 of it... ok thats fine whatever because the charges started in $100 monthly from march. yea so get it this month and its now $700 because it charged again after i called so i gotta get my credit card company involved.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Don't negotiate with fraudsters. When you got that you shouldn't even have called that company, just straight up dispute it with the bank. Now the fraud company has more information about you and thinks you're a sucker who will accept $150 worth of charges you didn't purchase...

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Hmm...well, I did have that card reissued. My question was more about preventing them from doing it to other people. I don't do the idealism thing very often, but sometimes. :)