GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crossing off GTI due to reliability/service concerns?

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
I agree with Horizon and Sin City, I'm happy to hear you got the GTI. I am a little biased, I love German cars. I also love my cars like a German. That's the key. If you keep up proper maintenance and use the owners manual of your new VeeDub, and treat the car like it deserves to be treated you'll be golden. It's important to find a good garage, either the dealer or otherwise.

I doubt horizon or sin city even bother to post here anymore...

this thread is seriously old... check the posting dates people.:biggrin:

09mkv13

my lease is acutally up on my 06 RSX-S and i was thinking of the GTI. I also was concerned about the reliability with the GTI. i only had one major problem with RSX-s and that was my fault i got too lazy to change the oil and i went about 6500 miles before the motor blew... thank god i got it all replaced free of charge. other than that nothing really major except my window going down when it wanted to but that also was replaced under warranty free of charge.

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
my lease is acutally up on my 06 RSX-S and i was thinking of the GTI. I also was concerned about the reliability with the GTI. i only had one major problem with RSX-s and that was my fault i got too lazy to change the oil and i went about 6500 miles before the motor blew... thank god i got it all replaced free of charge. other than that nothing really major except my window going down when it wanted to but that also was replaced under warranty free of charge.

your motor blew b/c you didn't change yer oil??? huh? I think that's odd...I've known people who drove their Hondas over 10k w/out an oil change and the motor still ran fine...

09mkv13

your motor blew b/c you didn't change yer oil??? huh? I think that's odd...I've known people who drove their Hondas over 10k w/out an oil change and the motor still ran fine...

if you dont change your oil for long enough and constantly hit vtec your motor will blow there was pieces on metal and junk in my oil pan. If you dont believe me i really dont have a problem, Im just explaining what i went through with my rsx.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I guess I don't really know what to say about reliability because my previous cars to my dub were American. My MKV hasn't been super reliable but its been on par with the 2 Chevrolets I owned before despite being heavily modded. I guess I could say I still have the same number of problems but the car is enjoyable enough that I don't care. Also European cars are in general a little more difficult to own than other cars and you really won't find anything more solid than a stock Japanese car. That being said the powertrain on a watercooled VW has been and always will be as solid as its Japanese competitors, you'll find that its more small stupid little stuff that goes wrong with your car. Case in point my 84 GTI has 203,000 miles on it and its a freakin beast still, just little stuff wrong with it and some annoying electrical issues.