CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Internet exploder won't work, but Netscape will for sure......

Jimmy, they're screwing with you. I've asked the NSA to hack into this thread and assign all votes to you just to get back at those clowns
I knew they were screwing with me because they don't expect me to know much about tech. I actually went to a computer school after high school when computers were first starting. Not much about those days apply to today though. We wrote programs on punch cards. I believe the languages then were called Basic and Cobol. I wish I would have stayed with it but wanted to open my own business and have supported myself ever since.

And please I don't want the votes or the responsibility of the thread.

cb1111

I knew they were screwing with me because they don't expect me to know much about tech. I actually went to a computer school after high school when computers were first starting. Not much about those days apply to today though. We wrote programs on punch cards. I believe the languages then were called Basic and Cobol. I wish I would have stayed with it but wanted to open my own business and have supported myself ever since.

Shit, when you were going to school, the programming language was the Jacquard machine.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Who cares? Just use what you like.
I don't really like it. I just had so many accounts attached to it that I never wanted to make a new email. Now it's like a 20 year old account and trying to switch everything to a new email just sounds like a lot of work. I'm stuck with it now.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I don't really like it. I just had so many accounts attached to it that I never wanted to make a new email. Now it's like a 20 year old account and trying to switch everything to a new email just sounds like a lot of work. I'm stuck with it now.
Yes that is a lot of work. My Gmail account has been compromised so many times rather than change it I just keep making the password longer. Just too many people to notify if I start a completely new account.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

anyone else remember selling Gmail invites?!?

man that was good money. 😆

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I watched a vice show about . com the other day. Funny how much shit went on during the pandemic about zoom and microsoft teams when webex started in 1995

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I was a very early adopter (got the coveted firstname.lastname@gmail) but it never occurred to me to sell the invites, I just hooked up my friends.

In a previous life I was a .com’er, and many of my friends still are. I opted out in late 99 to go into active duty service (was NG for a few years prior).

Because of my history and social cuticles I was in the first round of invites. A few weeks later we all got another one or two iirc. I opened a second account to flaunt the silly shit it was. We then all got three per account. I kept one and sold five on eBay for like $150 each. Then a bit later (month or so?) we got ten more each. I sold 15 of those for something like $50 each, and gifted 5 to friends. Then Google banned the selling of the invites.

cb1111

I was a very early adopter (got the coveted firstname.lastname@gmail) but it never occurred to me to sell the invites, I just hooked up my friends.
odd.spyke@gmail - got it..... I got that too. Man, that was a long time ago...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1643771855710.png

I got that Wet Ass Pussy vote, that should count for something, right?!?!?

:ROFLMAO:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

TLDR jim invented computers

Status
Not open for further replies.