GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Anyone have a home generator? Been seriously considering a Generac.
My parents have one. It's directly fed by natural gas so it basically will always be ready.
Bosses sent out email Wed. “We want all your mandatory FY22 training completed by next week.”

Based on my last promotion, my annual certifications are due at end of FY as well as station mandated annual training elements. Normally these are budgeted to be one or two a week to not pull me off my caseload for large swaths of time.

I responded saying my calendar won’t allow that to happen for at least two weeks. They said, “fine get it done this week.”

I’m now nearly 4.5hrs into my Friday and watching the same snoozer videos on privacy act, information security, remote technology access policy, sexual harassment, workplace harassment, and the list goes on and on, that I’ve seen every year for nearly a decade.

I’m getting absolutely nothing done, and while part of me is like… ya’ll did this, part of me feels like I should be accomplishing something today. Eh, fuck it.

I WISH I could stare at someone’s intercooling paperweight right now.
Hate nonsense training.

Especially if it involves long videos or having to listen to some moron speak 10% as fast as I can read.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Some Torin Big Red 3-ton ones.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
They allow you to skip the video and go straight to the test. I've been doing this same training, at different hospitals for 30+ years. I know all the answers from memory. It's 20+ courses though. Painful.
Dude, some of these videos have quizzes after every section. You can't skip forward and even if you know the answers you still have to let the video play first.

We also have read and sign trainings. These ones you can basically just skip. We call them "don't read but sign any way. "

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
image.jpg

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Dude, some of these videos have quizzes after every section. You can't skip forward and even if you know the answers you still have to let the video play first.

We also have read and sign trainings. These ones you can basically just skip. We call them "don't read but sign any way. "
Ours are like this (government contractor/vendor). You can't skip through them. I wasted 90 minutes on the last set, and I hear there's another set coming.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
those training videos are god awful. and they make you scared to ever talk to anyone at work again out of fear of being fired for harassment

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Lunch was just some willow tree chicken salad I had in the fridge.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

That would suck. We use net learning as our LMS, and it allows you to skip the video and go straight to the tests. It's awesome.

clownish

just clowning around
those training videos are god awful. and they make you scared to ever talk to anyone at work again out of fear of being fired for harassment

I just had to watch our mandatory ones on "road warriors" - aka dont trust anything in a hotel, bar, coffee shop, customer site etc. Including any open power plugs, USB ports, open wifi networks, anything besides your own mifi and phone.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
This dude sat near me and he took a phone call and never even touched his food. He kept blabbing about web/app dev shit and locations and different accounts, blah blah blah. Mildly annoying to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.