GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

torga

Autocross Champion
Saw Top Gun Maverick this weekend. Totally unrealistic. No way he's getting on base on a motorcycle without a helmet and reflective vest...

I wanna see that movie just for all the practical effects.
Can't remember what movie I went and saw, but they played a 4-5 min Top Gun preview before it where Tom Cruise's character is teaching the students dogfighting. Was real rad.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
You just keep proving that you are a fucking idiot
1660579728976.png

zrickety

The Fixer
You just keep proving that you are a fucking idiot
Save your big pharma sales tactics for your friends. Both the vaccine and paxlovid failed you spectacularly but you "all got away pretty well."

cb1111

Save your big pharma sales tactics for your friends. Both the vaccine and paxlovid failed you spectacularly but you "all got away pretty well."
This is the wrong thread for your bullshit, but I'll just end with saying that the vaccine and booster most likely kept us (esp my mom) from ending up in the hospital and the Paxlovid stopped the symptoms in their tracks.

You can (and did) decide what to to do with yourself (go fuck yourself comes to mind) but this isn't the thread for you to spread your conspiracy theory crap.

I won't respond to you on this any further.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
back off topic:

Customer came through this AM to look at the big project just as I was finishing clearing away all evidence I had been working on it. I actually had the last item in my hands (6' ladder). The owner/our lead engineer (also partial owner)/shop manager were with the customer. He saw the machine running and went "Woo" from about 15' away. On the way out he said "I'm impressed"

#victory

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
In addition to a nice long car ride, took advantage of the nice day yesterday by going up to Longwood Gardens. If you're in the Philly region and never been, I highly recommend it.
View attachment 258194

Alternatively if you're in the Philly area, you can skip some grass and tress that you can see anywhere, and check out the World's Largest Clothespin.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I wanna see that movie just for all the practical effects.
Can't remember what movie I went and saw, but they played a 4-5 min Top Gun preview before it where Tom Cruise's character is teaching the students dogfighting. Was real rad.
If you know anything about the Navy, you have to completely just throw it out the window and just enjoy the story.

Just some examples. They act like a naval aviator only becoming a Capt is because he's a screw up and everyone just becomes an admiral. Most aviators retire as cmdr or capt, very few flag billets. The air boss at top gun school was a 3 star, his aid a 2 star in the movie. Just silly. Maverick has this no rank crew chief that seems to follow him around.

The actual "mission" was basically blowing up the death star kind of silliness, when in reality, you'd use weapons designed to penetrate bunkers, then send in a bunch of missiles, having never left the deck of the ship. The movie could have been 15 min long. This maverick capt fella owns a 4 million dollar plan, his girlfriend owns a half million dollar yacht and a $300k vintage 911.

Just ignore all that and it's a nice story.

torga

Autocross Champion
If you know anything about the Navy, you have to completely just throw it out the window and just enjoy the story.

Just some examples. They act like a naval aviator only becoming a Capt is because he's a screw up and everyone just becomes an admiral. Most aviators retire as cmdr or capt, very few flag billets. The air boss at top gun school was a 3 star, his aid a 2 star in the movie. Just silly. Maverick has this no rank crew chief that seems to follow him around.

The actual "mission" was basically blowing up the death star kind of silliness, when in reality, you'd use weapons designed to penetrate bunkers, then send in a bunch of missiles, having never left the deck of the ship. The movie could have been 15 min long. This maverick capt fella owns a 4 million dollar plan, his girlfriend owns a half million dollar yacht and a $300k vintage 911.

The only things I know about the Navy I learned from The Village People. So I think I'll be fine.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Thank you for your help, that was exactly the response I was looking for. You want me to sift through 256 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a single page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a dick I really don't get it lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.