GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

dtfd

Autocross Champion
it was such a complicated decision to perform the basement finishing under permit. Ultimately, seems if you do it under permit and are subject to the inspections, you can claim the square footage etc, in case we ever riceburner the house. If we didn't permit it, we risk needing to tear it down
But claiming the square footage would increase your property size, which in turn increases your property taxes no?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Looks nice! What's your local code on outlets near water? Even if it is GFI.

What's that pipe by the bench?
All outlets within 6 feet of a water source must be GFI.

I forget if that's State of Illinois or a Chicago rule but I think it was state. (We ran into the same thing during the inspection when we sold my condo last year)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Don't act like if someone didn't show up with $28.5k cash you wouldn't think about going through with it.
Oh i think i would i just dont respond to blanket messages anymore. Time wasters, fuck em

riceburner

Autocross Champion
But claiming the square footage would increase your property size, which in turn increases your property taxes no?
Correct most likely, unfortunately

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Wendys JBC biggie bag, they actually had the doors open today.

JBC's were an awesome value when they were $1. Now they're almost $3 at my local Wendy's. WTF. All hamburger based fast food restaurants have lost their goddamn minds with pricing.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
JBC's were an awesome value when they were $1. Now they're almost $3 at my local Wendy's. WTF. All hamburger based fast food restaurants have lost their goddamn minds with pricing.
prices do be going up

which is why i only go to chipotle and noodles and co

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You should try selling things in FL. The closer to Miami the better. I'm not tryin to be racist or anything, but the hispanics from Miami are the absolute worst group of people to deal with. It doesn't matter if it's work related or something I'm selling on facebook. I've dealt with so many of them and it's always an annoying expererience. There's nobody better at talking about what they're going to buy and then never going through with it than people from Miami. If I see 305 on the caller ID at work I already know they're going to waste my time. They talk the biggest game and never back it up. At work luckily I at least have an easy out and can tell them I can't sell them a boat unless they have an address local to us that we can register it to.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Rolling down the highway on my way home from work. Come upon some dude in a Camry doing like 59 mph in the left lane (speed limit is 55 but the flow is closer to 65.)

I can tell he's not paying attention so I give him double horn honk, nothing crazy. He immediately puts on the blinker and starts to move over.

Too bad there's a huge truck in the middle lane also going 10 over. Truck lays on the horn and locks up his brakes, just for a second though cause he stayed true in the lane. Of course I immediately start laughing, this happened over the course of a couple seconds so now I'm right next to Camry dude and I just kept laughing.

All of a sudden, Camry dude can find the gas pedal. I think initially he mashed the gas to not get blasted by the truck but he accelerated with me up to 85 because I was laughing. Guess he took that a little personally.

Not my fault you decided to change lanes without looking. 😛

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
All outlets within 6 feet of a water source must be GFI.

I forget if that's State of Illinois or a Chicago rule but I think it was state. (We ran into the same thing during the inspection when we sold my condo last year)

I believe that is national electric code (NEC). Also you can tie the outlet to a GFCI outlet that is elsewhere. To save money builders buy one GFCI outlet and tie other outlets off of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.