GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Firefox is the browser of the gods -- curious though, what's got you on nightly? I'm using it as my primary browser on all platforms, and have no complaints -- but I'm also not a developer, and have no desire to fool around with the weird bugs I'm sure show up in nightly builds (of anything, for that matter).

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald is pretty dope, IMO. If you happen across it, I'm a big fan of Sunny Side Up from Pizza Boy Brewing, and Java Head (Troeg's) is great (if you're into coffee).

I have a Galaxy S9+ for personal, iPhone 12 for work (provided to me). I've had Android phones as long as I've had smartphones, and I'm a reasonably technologically inclined user. The iPhone made me feel like a boomer, the functions and features I expected to be readily available are weirdly hidden behind gestures, and it keeps bugging me to set up biometrics (not gonna happen). I agree though, I can't stand the fonts I see in half of the Android screenshots where some jackass thought Comic Sans was a good design for literally anything.

I tend to suggest iPhones to older relatives because they've got that sweet sweet walled garden approach to security, but personally I prefer Android's ability to sideload APKs. I know jailbreaking was/is a thing, but my equivalency to be drawn there is with root access (which I miss dearly, for blocking ads).
Jim Lloyd (RIP) got me started on it when the ads took over the forum. I have a note 8 for personal and a company iphone se.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My #1 beer. I discovered this one almost a year ago now. It used to be Sierra Nevada Kellerweis and they quit making it. I spent years looking for a replacement that was close enough and I finally found it. It hasn't been in stock for the last 6 months or so though.
1674766003810.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
IMO, Apple's biggest pros are build quality and the haptic motor. Nothing that any Android manufacturer makes can touch iPhones in those departments.

I also did notice that apps really do tend to run smoother and more stable on iOS. Though, Android isn't the janky, buggy mess that the Apple fanboys make it out to be.

Thats the benefit of being able to control both the hardware and software. It's easy to make something that runs smooth and stable when you make it for only a limited number of devices (that you also make). Andoid has to be able to run on hundreds of different devices and hardware configurations.

torga

Autocross Champion
Thats the benefit of being able to control both the hardware and software. It's easy to make something that runs smooth and stable when you make it for only a limited number of devices (that you also make). Andoid has to be able to run on hundreds of different devices and hardware configurations.

Yep, that's all it really is. It's a very simple reason why iOS is just that bit tighter.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
My #1 beer. I discovered this one almost a year ago now. It used to be Sierra Nevada Kellerweis and they quit making it. I spent years looking for a replacement that was close enough and I finally found it. It hasn't been in stock for the last 6 months or so though.
View attachment 271381
A favorite of mine. Some people have an issue with the banana flavor from the yeast, but I like it.
I noticed a huge improvement going from non-Google Android phones to a pixel and a step change improvement again with the 6a. I was getting very frustrated with Samsung and Motorola phones and their layers of brand specific BS over top of the android system.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
A favorite of mine. Some people have an issue with the banana flavor from the yeast, but I like it.
Yessss! I left a note about that on my untapped account. I remember kellerweis had somewhat of a banana flavor to it so I've been looking for more wheat beers that were like that for so long. This is the only one I've been able to find. I've found some other good wheat beers in my search, but none with that banana flavor.

1674766647123.png

torga

Autocross Champion
I noticed a huge improvement going from non-Google Android phones to a pixel and a step change improvement again with the 6a. I was getting very frustrated with Samsung and Motorola phones and their layers of brand specific BS over top of the android system.

Exactly the reason I've stuck with Google phones since the Pixel 1. Still not as smooth/stable as iOS, but the smoothest I've experienced on Android. The Pixel 7 is a beast, got to use one for a bit. Ultimately didn't buy one cuz it's too big. I heard that they're making the Pixel 8 back to a similar size as the Pixel 5. Very interested, if true.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I like smaller phones. I had a Pixel 4 and it was great (still think the best experience ever was a Nexus 5), and have an Asus Zenfone 9 now.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Yessss! I left a note about that on my untapped account. I remember kellerweis had somewhat of a banana flavor to it so I've been looking for more wheat beers that were like that for so long. This is the only one I've been able to find. I've found some other good wheat beers in my search, but none with that banana flavor.

View attachment 271383
You'd love this, probably my #2 favorite beer of all time
SmartSelect_20230126_150722_Chrome.jpg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I had an amazing Nokia phone that was the perfect size. Once Microsoft bought them out tho, I had to go in another direction.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I like smaller phones. I had a Pixel 4 and it was great (still think the best experience ever was a Nexus 5), and have an Asus Zenfone 9 now.
I also prefer smaller phones, I don't want a tablet in my pocket. My current phone is probably bigger than I'd like, but it's not bad. From what I hear, both Google and Apple have gotten the memo that some people want the good features with a smaller screen though, so hopefully by the time I am in the market for a phone again, I can go smaller.

torga

Autocross Champion

Almost bought that phone, but decided I'd get more use out of a camera upgrade. My Pixel 5 is still chuggin for now, battery still lasts all day.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Apple not having any kind of folder structure when you plug it into a PC has been what mostly kept me away from them. I'm not sure if they're still like that. It probably doesn't matter so much anymore now that music is all streamed and I'm not storing any music on my phone. I fuckin hated having to use itunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.