GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrickety

The Fixer
I got supra on the brain now. Can't stop thinking about them. I need to find one to sit in to see if I'm wasting my time with all this day dreaming. I'm a little worried at 6'3" I might be too tall for the car. The closest ones to me are an hour to the south or an hour 20 mins to the north. Dunno when I'll be able to do that.
I don't think you will fit, and forget wearing a helmet so no track days.
Go to Japan and import your own mk4 Supra.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Those things are way too old.
I'm with you here. Really, really old or brand new is the way to go. The 80's through 2005ish were truly a dark time for car interiors especially. Sitting in something from 1992 feels like you're in a third world country compared to any modern vehicle. Unless it's something truly special from the era, there isn't much I'd want to actually own and drive from that time, regardless of how awesome I thought they were growing up.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Matt Farah fits in one with a helmet. He's 6'3" and at least 80 more pounds than me.

1653337422875.png

I should be ok. I just feel like I'll be looking at headliner whenever I need to look left lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Idk I have a soft spot for 90’s cars. Love the interior of my Lude. So simple but still feels very nice IMO. It reminds me of my first cars I had so makes me feel younger 😕.

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm with you here. Really, really old or brand new is the way to go. The 80's through 2005ish were truly a dark time for car interiors especially. Sitting in something from 1992 feels like you're in a third world country compared to any modern vehicle. Unless it's something truly special from the era, there isn't much I'd want to actually own and drive from that time, regardless of how awesome I thought they were growing up.
Have you sat in the mk4? I did. It was amazing in it's time.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Have you sat in the mk4? I did. It was amazing in it's time.
Yes, my wife had a vr6 Jetta from that gen too. They were nice for their time, but that's kind of my point, that time was not as good as you remember. Sit in one back to back with most modern cars, especially German, Japanese or Korean ones, and you realize how far the industry has come.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I worked on a Titan built Supra once. I just changed some of the fluids and left it in my work area overnight. Everybody was staring at me the next morning trying to drive it out. My boy forgot to tell me it ran like shit on cold start… and the clutch… fuck

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Yes, my wife had a vr6 Jetta from that gen too. They were nice for their time, but that's kind of my point, that time was not as good as you remember. Sit in one back to back with most modern cars, especially German, Japanese or Korean ones, and you realize how far the industry has come.
I think he meant mk4 supra

Status
Not open for further replies.