GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Question for the group: I make my own beef jerky, anyone have any good recipes to try? One of my go tos is a smokey maple one.

Unrelated question: Do you think it's possible to eat too much beef jerky, and if so, what amount do you think that is?
Will pm my address for jerky. Thanks.

How do you make it? And no there's no such thing as too much

JC_451

Autocross Champion
6jxpvv.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Will pm my address for jerky. Thanks.

How do you make it? And no there's no such thing as too much

Buy steak. Slice it thin. Marinate in whatever you want (what I was asking for suggestions for) for 12 - 24 hrs. Throw in my $50 Amazon dehydrator for 6 hours. Enjoy.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
$3 PayPal for my meat.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Buy steak. Slice it thin. Marinate in whatever you want (what I was asking for suggestions for) for 12 - 24 hrs. Throw in my $50 Amazon dehydrator for 6 hours. Enjoy.

So, this is my second attempt at making jerky. The first go 'round was pretty good, but I'm definitely more satisfied with the results this time.

In the marinade (Marinade consists of Dr. Pepper (thx @CowTownRacer), Old Rasputin Imperial Stout, soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce (Mae Ploy), worcestershire sauce, granulated garlic, fresh ginger, chopped fresh habaneros and bhut jolokias (ghost peppers):
View attachment 185193

Getting seasoned (Just cracked black on the left, my multi-pepper blend with cracked black on the right):
View attachment 185194

Getting baked :p (smoked on mesquite) :
View attachment 185195

Rest before bagging:
View attachment 185196

It's impressive how they continue to lose moisture and get darker after they're bagged and refrigerated. That's part of the mistake I made the first time around...took them the whole distance in the smoker.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I don't like jerky. I have had several kinds including homemade. Meat should not be either salty or dry

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I don't like jerky. I have had several kinds including homemade. Meat should not be either salty or dry

Have you tried taking the dehydrated dry meat and dipping it in mayo?

Status
Not open for further replies.