GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Is it just that a 19 inch wheel is going to have less rubber protecting it?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
That doesn't help, but I've never seen as many posts/threads about bent/cracked/egg shaped pretorias compared to any other wheel.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
That's part of it. But material choice, wall thickness and construction technique (cast vs flow formed vs forged) matter a lot too. If you see a 18lb, 19" wheel that's flow formed, that weight had to come from somewhere and it's probably the wall thickness... It's gonna break easy

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I dropped my tr motorsports mt1 wheels off to my buddy the other day to check them for bends, he called me to tell me they were all straight and still balanced somehow. I've never had them straightened in the 6 years I've had them and beating on them at the track. I've nailed apex curbing a ton. Best wheels ever, I bought them for $400 from some guy and they're only 16 pounds.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
No I've seen these get bent on bigger cars that also had increased sidewall

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
In the what I did today thread I posted hitting raised manhole (phrasing?) Killed tire and a slight visual damage on rim but it appears non-bent. Ordered new single tire not a lot of miles on old ones. Tire shop Mgr says VW wheels are rather solid. These were Detroit

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This also reminds me I barely hit a brick that was sitting in the middle of the street the other day. The inside lip of my rear wheel just barely caught it I believe. I still need to check that...lol

messrock

Autocross Champion
This also reminds me I barely hit a brick that was sitting in the middle of the street the other day. The inside lip of my rear wheel just barely caught it I believe. I still need to check that...lol
That’s what claimed one of my wheels. Only a bend and the shop got it perfect. Problem now is I have a slow leak (6psi every 10 days) and I can’t find where it’s coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.