GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
shaving your bits.....once you do it there is a need to do it again (and again....) or deal with the itchy period when hair grows back in.

been there, did that

torga

Autocross Champion
On the plus side, y'all that don't like sushi are saving a bunch of money. Cheap sushi is already slightly more expensive than most other foods. Decent sushi, you're immediately looking at a $30 before tip meal, minimum. And truly good sushi? That's like special occasion shit.

My wife and I save up a lil egg each year and on our anniversary, we'll splurge on $150–$200 per person on omakase (chef's choice) from a top tier spot -- we've been to a couple of Michelin-starred places so far. No rolls, usually just nirigi/sashimi using high quality ingredients. Think Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

Goddamn, I love sushi.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
shaving your bits.....once you do it there is a need to do it again (and again....) or deal with the itchy period when hair grows back in.

been there, did that
protip, for some reason shaving the ole' sack dry works better than in the shower. literally dry, no shaving cream or bullshit. just make sure its a pretty fresh razor

Corprin

Autocross Champion
On the plus side, y'all that don't like sushi are saving a bunch of money. Cheap sushi is already slightly more expensive than most other foods. Decent sushi, you're immediately looking at a $30 before tip meal, minimum. And truly good sushi? That's like special occasion shit.

My wife and I save up a lil egg each year and on our anniversary, we'll splurge on $150–$200 per person on omakase (chef's choice) from a top tier spot -- we've been to a couple of Michelin-starred places so far. No rolls, usually just nirigi/sashimi using high quality ingredients. Think Jiro Dreams of Sushi.

Goddamn, I love sushi.

Last time I was in MX they brought in a beautiful tuna and the executive sushi chef went to town.

DB6E2E1E-778C-4EB6-84E5-BAD1DF80B3DF.jpeg
A03EABE1-0B32-4B85-8B07-4A1E1E159B95.jpeg
FB75F64B-9805-4767-89C9-6BA204D3DEC0.jpeg

Had three plates of the good bits. First time having the cheek and extra fatty.. was like butter.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I went to a fancy sushi place years and years ago, tried literally everything and thought it was all bad. Meh I'm not missing out on it. I do like the effort that's out into the presentation though.

Wife and I went to a fancy schmancy steak place on our wedding day, got a tomahawk ribeye and it was amazing. Place couldn't make an old fashioned to save their life though. It was just a cup of whiskey with an orange peel in it. Wtf. Bill was around $350 for the two of us.

torga

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion

Goddamn, I love sushi.
If I'm going cheap, I prefer a poke bowl. Same ingredients, but no skill required for the preparation, so it's a lot cheaper and I enjoy it more than "cheap sushi". And yeah, the good sushi is worth it
I
Wife and I went to a fancy schmancy steak place on our wedding day, got a tomahawk ribeye and it was amazing. Place couldn't make an old fashioned to save their life though. It was just a cup of whiskey with an orange peel in it. Wtf. Bill was around $350 for the two of us.
So what do you think it was missing? That's basically an old fashioned.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
If I'm going cheap, I prefer a poke bowl. Same ingredients, but no skill required for the preparation, so it's a lot cheaper and I enjoy it more than "cheap sushi". And yeah, the good sushi is worth it

I thought getting your crank worked was an “old fashioned”

torga

Autocross Champion

Off the top of my head, if it was truly just a cup of whiskey with orange peel, then a bit of sugar muddled with Angostura bitters are what's missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.