GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Yup, ET10. There's been a year or 2 that got skipped I think.

There's 2 I try to go to every year just because they're close, but that's usually it. The worst I've had to deal with at eurotripper was just this dude in a mk4 supra that decided to 2 step on his way out of the show. I took my dog that year and we were close to him when the 2 stepping started. It's a pretty dog friendly show with the car show section being called "mutts nuts" and they usually have some dogs that are available for adoption too. This supra dude wasn't very far from where the puppies being adopted were either. My dog and every dog within 50 yards was scared shitless. I couldn't get mine to calm down after that and had to leave. I'm not sure how that dude even got his car into the show section. It shouldn't have been there.

Fixxfest is a cool one because of the quarter mile track. You got people running their cars down the track all day.
SoWo essentially turned into a riot that night. The police shut down the city. No one coming in or going out. People getting their windows smashed and assaulted in their cars for not doing Burnouts. Tow truck drivers got the same. People flipping cars. Police officers getting rushed. Others getting rocks thrown at them. One chick went for a flash and every hand in 20 feet of her went for the grab. Entire city was grid locked. People bouncing off the rev limiters all night. Burnouts every few feet. I mean it was absolute chaos. Haven’t been to a similar show since and I think that was 2014 or 15. I’m honestly surprised nobody died

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Man a good ramen is probably my favorite dish in the world. Unfortunately ramen is like pizza, most of it sucks. The places that do it right are amazing, takes like 3 days to make
There was an really good Ramen place in an area of jax called 5 points, called Crane Ramen.

My wife and I tried to go to lunch there a couple weeks ago, but they'd closed down. Don't know if it was the pandemic that did them in or not a lot of people willing to spend $60+ for 2 to eat Ramen, but man was it good. Haven't been able to find a new place. 😕

messrock

Autocross Champion
Whenever my S/O makes ramen she only uses half a spice pack. She keeps her half packs in a little ziploc bags and puts the new full packet aside. The reason I bring this up is because lunch was ramen with 3 spice packets in it.

Spicy.
@dtfd finna be a salt lick.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
SoWo essentially turned into a riot that night. The police shut down the city. No one coming in or going out. People getting their windows smashed and assaulted in their cars for not doing Burnouts. Tow truck drivers got the same. People flipping cars. Police officers getting rushed. Others getting rocks thrown at them. One chick went for a flash and every hand in 20 feet of her went for the grab. Entire city was grid locked. People bouncing off the rev limiters all night. Burnouts every few feet. I mean it was absolute chaos. Haven’t been to a similar show since and I think that was 2014 or 15
The huge shows that people travel across the country for have been pretty crazy since this happened. This felt like the beginning of the madness.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
The huge shows that people travel across the country for have been pretty crazy since this happened. This felt like the beginning of the madness.
it really kicked off when the "aftermovies" started to become a thing.

that and instagram clout chasers.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Don't know if it was the pandemic that did them in or not a lot of people willing to spend $60+ for 2 to eat Ramen, but man was it good. Haven't been able to find a new place. 😕
You're not wrong there, most people think ramen is the 15 cent packets at the store and can't fathom why anyone would order it at a restaurant. There's a few places that are great in Chicago, bowls are about $18 and I'll gladly pay it knowing the effort that goes into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.