GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Calling everyone they is essentially re teaching English to your brain. I think I'm fine offending people
We know.

Ok boomer

cb1111

Calling everyone they is essentially re teaching English to your brain. I think I'm fine offending people
The company I work for does these weekly updates about what everyone has done. When they did mine the first it it was "they did xyz". I came back with "I'm a he, not a they. You must have mistyped" From then on they wrote "he did xyz".

That said, I'm happy using whatever pronoun people want to use and I'm fine if they want to identify as a watermelon, but please keep it reasonable.

I'm fully on board with the (she/her) after some names if there is a question. I regularly email with a Jordan and I have no clue if they are male or female - although the pink signature block might be a hint. In that case, a gender identifier would be helpful, but in some cases it is just ridiculous - another email person is named Roger and he adds the (he/him) which just sounds silly.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
From a couple posts I've read recently I'm getting the feeling no ones ordered car is going to be built until august and possibly as 2024s. There still seems to be a small amount of them trickling into dealers, but none of these are custom orders. I'm guessing that'll be how it goes for the rest of the model year. If my dealer continues to only get 1 every 5 months then the next one will show up as in transit on their site in a couple months.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
From a couple posts I've read recently I'm getting the feeling no ones ordered car is going to be built until august and possibly as 2024s. There still seems to be a small amount of them trickling into dealers, but none of these are custom orders. I'm guessing that'll be how it goes for the rest of the model year. If my dealer continues to only get 1 every 5 months then the next one will show up as in transit on their site in a couple months.
What place in line are you right now? 3rd?

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Mud's Jury Duty CSB

I will use the names Tom & Dick:

Dick was suing Tom because Tom stabbed him....However Tom stabbed him because Dick broke into where Tom worked and was stealing. Dick is in the witness box explaining why he was late to court

"I overslept, woke up brushed my teeth and got dressed and rushed over" What he didn't mention is he only had one tooth and no one on the jury believed he was wearing anything besides the raincoat.

Being cross examined by Tom's defense attorney Council asks "There are quite a few differences between what you initially said and your testimony today, Can you explain them?"

Dick "Well, that's because they gave me some good drugs in the hospital.........I wish I had more of those"
Courtroom breaks down in laughter...

later, still in the box but just randomly and not in response to any question Dick says to Tom's lawyer (an attractive woman)

"I like your legs"

once again the courtroom just erupts in laughter.

After it quiets down The attorney says "excuse me?" Dick doubles down and says (with feeling this time) "I Really like your legs"

even the judge was having trouble containing himself.

They settled out of court
Rizzed his way right out of it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
What place in lin are you right now? 3rd?
Yea, 2 guys ahead of me both have allocations. Saw a comment last week saying the guy ahead of me, the #2 guy, has an august eta. I'm seeing a loooot of august etas now. If they stay as august eta's and the next one for dealer stock is may/june then maybe they'd both pass on it as they can get their spec a couple months later. Maybe the dealer wouldn't even offer it to them in that kind of situation. It could end up being a color I don't like with ceramic brakes and I'd have to pass on it. I dunno, all hypothetical, just thinking out loud again.

cb1111

A month ago I bought my wife a Poly 5200 UC headset. It was the new model with the upgraded dongle, allowing it to pair to a computer via the dongle with an impressive 100ft range and with a cell phone at the usual range.

She liked it, so I ordered myself one - and she bought me one, so I have an extra. Anybody here want to buy it before it goes on fleabay? If anybody is interested, I could pair it with a Logi C920 webcam and a Logi MX 2 Anywhere mouse.

Phur

Autocross Champion
This trip to Austin is already going better than the last one. Even with a layover in O'Hare and checking a bag, there was zero drama!
Went to pick up a car, they said "Any car in these two rows." I asked them about the fully loaded BMW X5 which was parked in a space that was painted differently, possibly executive. She said, "Let me check with my manager." and asked me my name. He looked it up in the system and said, "Sure. No problem."

Phur

Autocross Champion
Velvet Taco for dinner…
BA77E45D-4077-4B89-9A6F-26853D3B8FC0.jpeg
8A60C769-577E-4186-9EA0-7284C9D8C115.jpeg
1FDA0A5D-A7FC-422D-AE71-0D085B295048.jpeg
19C6B330-F6CA-45C6-996F-56A98F212C03.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.