GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I still disagree here with an impact, if you tighten everything with the spring compressed it's easy to get it to not make noises. Metalnerd makes a pass-through socket thing that will work well for units requiring the allen key to hold it in place, and by fully tightening the top hat without load on it (from the spring), you can fully tighten them and then install the assembly.
It's like 25 bucks (the ecs one)... No thanks... I did it with impact.

king1138

Go Kart Champion
It's like 25 bucks (the ecs one)... No thanks... I did it with impact.
So does every professional automotive shop in the country, haha. Those allen holding fixtures are garbage if there's even a little rust.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Ok so i gotta zip it off with an impact... hoping it works and doesn't just spin, i have a weak impact is the problem

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
So does every professional automotive shop in the country, haha. Those allen holding fixtures are garbage if there's even a little rust.
120% agree, all my homies hate allen keys.

I definitely had much greater success unloading the spring, installing the top hat, and then adding tension to the spring, either by adusting the collars or via spring compressor. Installing with an impact is a no-go for me.

pray for me bois, CEL on the daily has been off for a record number of hours and I'm hoping I can keep it off long enough for inspection today. I really don't want to have to buy a new cat this year

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Ok so i gotta zip it off with an impact... hoping it works and doesn't just spin, i have a weak impact is the problem
tf you mean zip it OFF?

You shouldn't be taking anything apart while it's still under pressure from the spring.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
tf you mean zip it OFF?

You shouldn't be taking anything apart while it's still under pressure from the spring.

I'll post this for @jay745 since he's busy fixing the site

1699570068787.png

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I have such a bad cold and am so congested I almost passed out using mouthwash.

Also, what's up with Jay not just migrating this site and every iota of information to a similar site already chosen, paid for, and set up in advance? Is he stupid?