GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
I'm surprised you list it on marketplace, but not on here. At least here you can see someone's post history and figure out if they're a crackhead ;)
Yeah I'm actually posting it here now. I figured FB MP was a good way to reach local people but alas it's not going so well.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Yeah I'm actually posting it here now. I figured FB MP was a good way to reach local people but alas it's not going so well.
I've got a couple of things posted in a group locally and they're not getting any traction. Selling stuff is annoying.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I sold a truck on Craigslist back in like 2007. I got about 40 emails in the first hour, everything ranging from trading for a clapped out Dodge Neon that didn't run to a truck full of tools that were absolutely stolen.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I sold my TDI wagon on CL and it wasn’t that bad. Only had a few people that were low balling and no one was offering stupid stuff. Within a few weeks a guy from NY came down and bought it. Took it home on a U-Haul trailer.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I bought all my kids ATV’s off of CL and found some good deals and good people. I think FB is the worst but that’s just from stories since I don’t have one.

cb1111

I always crack up about people buying/selling valuable stuff on CL/FB/GumTree etc. - those places are a scammers paradise.

Last edited:

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I've had good experiences with FB so far. Haven't meet any freaks or strangers.
I've gotten dumb trade offers and dumb buyers that show up with cash.
Gotta take people with a grain of salt on that platform - most of the time they don't actually want to buy whatever you're selling but trick themselves into asking if you'd take some lowball and ghost if you tell them to show up.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
I've had good experiences with FB so far. Haven't meet any freaks or strangers.
I've gotten dumb trade offers and dumb buyers that show up with cash.
Gotta take people with a grain of salt on that platform - most of the time they don't actually want to buy whatever you're selling but trick themselves into asking if you'd take some lowball and ghost if you tell them to show up.
When I've actually gotten to the point of selling or buying something, the people I've met up with have been fine. But yeah it's the trolls that ruin it.

cb1111

I had an odd experience on eBay once. I was selling a Tom Bihn SuperEgo laptop bag for $130 plus shipping. I got a message from a local woman for a face-to-face handover at the local McD. she said she was buying it for her husband as a birthday gift. She paid on eBay, but never showed up. eBay was particularly unhelpful when the buyer ghosted me and all they wanted was their cut.

I still have the bag (and the money) two years later....

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Anyone ever tried the "heavenly hunks" oatmeal cookie blocks?
They're fucking amazing.
Found a recipe online and getting the ingredients that aren't in the household tn.