GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Sterkrazzys Five Page Dissertation - TLDR He Got A Flat Tire

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don't think I ever saw a gator for the four years we lived in Jacksonville (technically Orange Park/Oakleaf) even though we were surrounded by retention ponds. Always loved the "someone that grew up around something versus a n00b" reaction in this PGA Tour video.

https://youtube.com/shorts/20ztb1c7H6M?si=0lzApMFL0LCUNqZ9
Our neighborhood is up against Doctors Inlet Lake on the other side from OP and our HOA stocks the retention ponds with fish.

That = gators.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Do me a favor, go for a walk and snap a pic of a gator with a shoe on its head

tnc_16433572.jpg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
also gonna be real interesting in 20-30 years to see how many of these dudes die early from CTE and other related shit.
This is a real good point.

Not to try and veer into button issues but some of the studies on Football are rather sobering. Neither like/dislike football I just don't care about sports and it's been a few years where I've only watched superbowl. if it was up to me I'd watch it with sound off and music on.

Salami

Autocross Champion
CSB?

Got freaking pulled over this morning on the way to work for supposedly running a stop sign. Cop was adamant in telling me I did not stop. Absolutely crazy as people running stop signs/lights is a giant pet peeve of mine; I was involved in a serious car accident about a dozen years ago because someone ran a red light.

She was going to give me a ticket and I mentioned that the dash cams would show that I came to a complete stop. She wound up letting me go.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
the thing is all of these professional fighters started as those bar jokers lmao.

like theres not a single good role model amongst all of them.

i think the part about ufc that annoys me the most is when they knock someone down and just start whaling on someone.

like at least in boxing when someones down they dont continue to turn them into a pulp.

also gonna be real interesting in 20-30 years to see how many of these dudes die early from CTE and other related shit.
Boxing is actually way worse for your brain than the UFC/MMA

Many, many, boxers have died in the ring or shortly afterwards. Even a knock out to ground strikes situation in the UFC the referees are very proactive about stopping fights. They're much more likely to stop the fight when someone isn't defending themselves also. They don't ask if you want to quit, you're quitting so they call it.

In Boxing, people come out one round too long constantly. Very few people actually say "No Mas."

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
CSB?

Got freaking pulled over this morning on the way to work for supposedly running a stop sign. Cop was adamant in telling me I did not stop. Absolutely crazy as people running stop signs/lights is a giant pet peeve of mine; I was involved in a serious car accident about a dozen years ago because someone ran a red light.

She was going to give me a ticket and I mentioned that the dash cams would show that I came to a complete stop. She wound up letting me go.
Basically admitted she pulled you over for no reason.

Pretty cool to get that win tho.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB?

Nice... Did you check the footage to see who was right?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Basically admitted she pulled you over for no reason.

Pretty cool to get that win tho.
I wouldn't say no reason.

I stopped and checked her vantage point on the way home. I could very clearly see where I was stopped.
I believe she 'thought' she saw me run the stop sign because when the SUV that was practically in the intersection went, I also went. She obviously did not see the 13 seconds that the dash cam verifed I was sitting at the stop sign for.

Last edited:

cb1111

I wouldn't say no reason.

I stopped and checked her vantage point on the way home. I could very clearly see where I was stopped.
I believe she 'thought' she saw me run the stop sign because when the SUV that was practically in the intersection went, I also went. She obviously did not see the 13 seconds that the dash cam verifed I was sitting at the stop sign for.
Depending on state law, the cop may have been correct. Some states allow two cars that are stopped at a stop sign to proceed together (i.e., the second car does not need to stop a second time when they reach that stop sign), but those states are the exception. I have no clue if NC is one of those states.

If the SUV was at (or in front of) the stop sign, and you went when they did, then you didn't technically stop at the sign.

The SUV should have been given a ticket for having stopped improperly and to pull you over seems a bit petty.