GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1698193551563.png

clownish

just clowning around
DIY things - been recaulking and cleaning all my old aluminum windows. Got two quotes for 20k to replace all the windows. Definitely don't want to spend that. In the last two months, basement flooded so needed to gut and repair, rebuilt chimmey (contractor), tuck/point and front step slabs installed. I am just bleeding money on house things every week it feels like.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
How was Depeche Mode?
They were awesome! I was impressed at the amount of energy they had on stage. I wish they could've played more songs, but their catalog is EXTENSIVE, so they can't play everything. Definitely worth the trip!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
1000002774.jpg

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Debating trying to do second half of the day from home, but it's tough because: boss is traveling, coworker's schedule is afternoon WFH, and someone from the three of us has to be physically present in case something comes up.

Would have the added bonus of wearing actual comfy headphones and not the cheapo work-provided set at my office desk.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I got a huge project dumped on me yesterday, the business gave me a 30 min overview of what they're wanting to do...I counted 6 integration points, a bunch of UI updates/new functionality. So many unknown details....they ended with ok cool you got t everything you need? Uhh...in 30 mins? No. And they want it scoped by Friday and implemented by March. LOL

I debated going to the office this morning and forcing them to sit down with me and go over these details they left out but it's rainy and I didn't want to sit in traffic for 2 hours. Meh

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I got a huge project dumped on me yesterday, the business gave me a 30 min overview of what they're wanting to do...I counted 6 integration points, a bunch of UI updates/new functionality. So many unknown details....they ended with ok cool you got t everything you need? Uhh...in 30 mins? No. And they want it scoped by Friday and implemented by March. LOL

I debated going to the office this morning and forcing them to sit down with me and go over these details they left out but it's rainy and I didn't want to sit in traffic for 2 hours. Meh
if they're not willing to take the time to give you a proper list of requirements just give them what they're asking for and let them be disappointed when it's not what they wanted

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
if they're not willing to take the time to give you a proper list of requirements just give them what they're asking for and let them be disappointed when it's not what they wanted
While I agree that's what I'd like to do, I also enjoy getting huge raises and that's not going to get me one.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
While I agree that's what I'd like to do, I also enjoy getting huge raises and that's not going to get me one.
The fantasy is always nice, but in reality you gotta play the game. I deal with a human hotdog who thinks he's all-knowing (and breathes like a pug), but it's the price of a stable job where I don't hate the work itself, get treated like a real human, and make enough to not be struggling.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Past hour of tech seminar has been a rehash lecture of stuff I learned in sophomore/junior year. Yaaaaawn. I'm hungry.