GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i know i've been horrible lately lmao my bad. owe you lots of $3 paypals now bud

it will likely get worse in 2 weeks...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
i know i've been horrible lately lmao my bad. owe you lots of $3 paypals now bud

it will likely get worse in 2 weeks...

Time for CSB5

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Does it matter? Everywhere I go, even the “highly recommended” indy shops always fuck something up. Midaswhale go where it fits my schedule and is free and keep pushing for them to make it right.

I swear, we’re just stuck with one shitty shop after another.
Pov: 2024 and can't name a shop that doesn't fuck shit up... looking at you @dtfd ... fastrack in peabody did a 170dollar alignment and my wheel pulled to the right... and my endlinks clunk as fuck after I had them adjust em (50 bucks more for a total of 220ish). They seem good though in that they offered to see the car again.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
CSB: Made it home to MA.
Final trip reading: 3320 miles, which means average of 474 miles each day for a week.
Hit a bunch of rain, but my tires kept me confident so the drive today wasn't so bad. Lots of podcasts.
Now I need to diagnose what happened to my car along the way (endlinks clunking, exhaust leak - very loud).
I'll be downloading all of my footage from my gopro, probably tens of GB, and compiling it to make a youtube video.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I just hit 20yrs of gov’t service.

Fuuuuuck

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Need some help/thoughts....

So the other day I get a Venmo debit card in the mail, in my name, along with a letter saying that I could add direct deposit to "my" bank account to get funds quicker with the card.

Wellllllllllll, small problem, I don't have Venmo and have never even used Venmo either.

The letter with it listed a bank, an account number, and a routing number for an account in (allegedly) my name & to give it to my employer to set up the direct deposit -- but it's not my bank.

It looks legit and everything, but what should I do with it? I don't have a Venmo account and can't check the balance (like at a ATM) because I don't know the PIN.
BUT, in theory, the tap to pay (with the physical card) could work.....if there was money in this (fraudulent) account. But there's no way to know if it'd work and it'd probably be a one time thing to find out.

Back story....someone opened a Bank of America account & card in my name last year, but they never did anything with it & I had it closed ASAP. Then I froze all my credit.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

So the other day I get a Venmo debit card in the mail, in my name, along with a letter saying that I could add direct deposit to "my" bank account to get funds quicker with the card.

Wellllllllllll, small problem, I don't have Venmo and have never even used Venmo either.

The letter with it listed a bank, an account number, and a routing number for an account in (allegedly) my name & to give it to my employer to set up the direct deposit -- but it's not my bank.

It looks legit and everything, but what should I do with it? I don't have a Venmo account and can't check the balance (like at a ATM) because I don't know the PIN.
BUT, in theory, the tap to pay (with the physical card) could work.....if there was money in this (fraudulent) account. But there's no way to know if it'd work and it'd probably be a one time thing to find out.

Back story....someone opened a Bank of America account & card in my name last year, but they never did anything with it & I had it closed ASAP. Then I froze all my credit.
We have two FBI agents here that will take care of that.

@Corprin @Jmitchell4873 please do your jobs.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion

I had something similar happen, where someone opened a Best Buy card in my name and bought a Macbook, some Airpods, and I think an iPhone or something? Out of NY. I immediately called the card people, closed the card and disputed the charges, and went to work ASAP freezing all my credit stuff. Sounds like you're on the right track already, close down everything, change your passwords, freeze your credit, and big one, call the companies involved and let them know it's fraudulent. You've got no way of knowing what else is out there, but having those reports on file is gonna help if any further weirdness comes up.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
yikes! also def verify the correct # to call for venmo and the bank and do NOT call whatever is just on the letter

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

I can help. But I need your social security number, first pets name, mother's maiden name, and the name of the street you grew up on so I can make sure I'm really talking to Dr. Dan and not someone who stole his identity....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We have credit monitoring and I had my identity stolen. Someone opened a military star account and purchased about $3000 worth of stuff via catalog, I saw the notification and immediately closed the account. The order was canceled and sent to their fraud department. They never did anything or investigated.

Wife and I have a freeze to this day and only temp unfreeze for 48 hours when we're going to buy cars, etc.

It's been 5 years and they made 13 attempts to open accounts, take out loans, and purchase stuff in my name, that I know of.

They're batting 0.000.

But I have to pay for a service for wife and I every month, which sucks.