CSB3: Forum Boomers Attempt To Decipher Gen Z Mad Libs

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Decisions, decisions.
50 dollar bbk from zhong zhong
1710363798456.png

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Yes can you also include a photo of the back of the check...so...I can be sure it's real?

Definitely not so I can do a mobile deposit with my bank.

Too late my friend, it’s already in the bank. Just wanted to stave off the cries of foul that the car was sold to the dealer for that much.

Was a little sad seeing her driven away, but the wife’s R and my Legnum help ease the pain.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
bet

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Good info/advice.

I was trying to think "outside the box" though and figure out how I could access these/"MY" funds......if there was something there, to get the a*hole(s) back.

I mean if they opened a bank account in my name, there's no real damage there. Right?
And this Venmo Debit card is just a debit card -- meaning there'd have to be money in said account(s) for it to even be useful. (on the Venmo site it says no credit check is required too anyways for a debit, versus a credit card would require one)

It doesn't make much sense though that whoever did this would have my address listed though and the card go to me. Unless they wanted me to sign up for the direct deposit (with this Venmo debit card) & "sign" my paychecks overs to them and into the Bancorp account?

The bank account listed is "Bancorp"......never heard of them, and the website doesn't even show a login or anything. Fake, perhaps? 🤷‍♂️
Bumping this, since I didn't get any feedback here on what to do with this...

I was thinking, originally, to try and get the scammer back....no?

Should I call Venmo and just cancel the card?

Inquire with the bank, if legit?, and have that shut down too?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Bumping this, since I didn't get any feedback here on what to do with this...

I was thinking, originally, to try and get the scammer back....no?

Should I call Venmo and just cancel the card?

Inquire with the bank, if legit?, and have that shut down too?

If it doesn’t show on your venmo account and it’s not on your credit report I’d just trash it and move on. If none of the info is correct except your name and address which is easier information to obtain then that’s probably all the info they had.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
50 dollar bbk from zhong zhong
This is me lately contemplating the first purchase I made from AliExpress. It came in a bit ago, a $13 fabric cover for my H6 sized battery. It is constructed and feels similar to the factory one, just a bit less soft-fabric material and plush. My wife has me convinced it could be flammable since it was so cheap, so I haven't installed it yet haha.