GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cylinder 3 Pressure Too High

foylema

Hello

Has anyone had an experience with code P03AF00 and what it is? My EPC light came on and these are the codes that came up.

Car: Volkswagen Golf R
Year: 2015
Body type: 5-dr hatchback
Engine: CJXB 206 kW (280 HP) 2.0 l
Mileage: 28889 KM

Trouble codes:
P130A00 - Hide cylinder
static
U112300 - Databus error value received
Intermittent
P03AF00 - Cylinder 3 Pressure Too High
static

Cheers:confused:

foylema

Taken it in? Sounds like a software issue and an update might be available?

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8031545-EPC-light-and-bad-fuel-warning

Cheers for the link.

I've had the software update when it was serviced back in October. It is now tuned and I have not gapped the plugs yet so I'm thinking it could be the stock plug gap they could be causing the issue. When it happened the car lost all power then I took my foot off the accelerator and it was fine other than the EPC light was now on.

Not sure if any of this info is helpful.

System description: 2.0l R4 TFSI
Software number: 5G0906259E
Software version: 0005
Hardware number: 06K907425B
Hardware version: H13
ODX name: EV_ECM20TFS0205G0906259E
ODX version: 001005
Long coding: 091D00322426050B3000

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You're now tuned so it's impossible to tell. Flash back to stock, clear the errors after you print them, see if it does it again. You have no warranty so find a good independent VW mechanic.

foylema

You're now tuned so it's impossible to tell. Flash back to stock, clear the errors after you print them, see if it does it again. You have no warranty so find a good independent VW mechanic.

Car is out of warranty now anyway. The only problem is I have a DP so the engine light comes on due to the cat. We have put the car back to stock in the past and it was fine.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
It happens. If you bounce the limiter, the car can sense knock, go into protect and shut off the cylinder (spark). Clear the codes and see if it comes back.

littco

Ready to race!
Cylinder pressure to high is a modelled limitation. When the ECU detects the timing is too low and knock is to high then it'll give the pressure to high error. This is potentially due to the cylinder balancing so whilst the AFr is correct 1 cylinder maybe rich and 1 then lean to compensate.

Dodgy injector, plugs or coils can contribute. Some companies are turning this off to stop the error but are just leaving the engine with the potential of damage.

Log all you can and see why its giving the error.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I have had this issue on occasion since building the motor about 1.5 years ago. The answer from littco is the most definitive answer I have seen so far... thanks for that. I'm not going to lie though, with my fully built motor and fueling, I'm probably going to disable the damn code if we can't figure it out.

xkeyscore

Passed Driver's Ed
Try putting a bottle of high concentration PEA in your gas tank. VW sells one for $20. The CRC product is probably pretty good. Stop buying cheap non-"tier one" gas.

If you are under warranty VW will give you one bottle. I dont have the service advisory available at the moment but it covered a number fault codes. They gave me a bottle for 'multiple random misfires'

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
how many times has the code been logged? Fault Frequency: ? Clear it and see if it comes back.
I think it was 248, but I had it at the dealer to look at it a few weeks ago, they checked spark plugs, coils, injectors, and all was fine, vw recommended emptying gas and refilling it, so I just ran till empty and put bg44k in it,

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
It can't be 248. If it's happened that many times, that's pretty bad. I was expecting you to say 1.
I cleared it and hasn't came back, I drove it around all day, I don't think they cleared it last time, it still had codes for my key fobs being low from 3 years ago