GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Death Magnetic

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Well, I know a lot of you guys on the site are a little younger, and probably listen to hip hop/top 40 type stuff... But for anybody that is into metal or heavier stuff, does this album really have a chance? I've spent the last hour or so listening to the stuff that was released today (album comes out Sept. 12) and it doesn't sound bad, some pretty good riffs... But the problem is, this is Metallica. They haven't released anything very good in 17 years. Everybody expects another Justice, or Puppets, and it's just not going to happen. I really hope from deep down that this album is going to be good, but I also know I am probably going to be disappointed.

I am a huge fan... A massive fan, I listen to them every day and I never, ever sick of it... But I just don't know if I hold any hope. I have heard some songs thousands of times, and they still give me goosebumps. They still kick the shit out me live, they still have the talent to play anything they want, but I just don't think they've got it in them anymore. I guess when you're a multi - multi millionaire, have families etc, it becomes harder. I just am so sick of today's music with all the cookie cutter bands, or the emo bands, or singing about kissing girls tasting like cherry chapstick :)rolleyes:) that I really hope for albums like this, but really, I don't expect much because what they did was so good, it's in the hole before it even begins.

Any comments?

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

Sounds pretty freaking good actually

On another note, I'm going to be in London on the 15th of September, and they're having a small show there, I am dying waiting for tickets to go on sale...

Last edited:

Intensekyle

To each his own
Man, I sure hope this album goes well....I am and probably always will be a Metallica fan no matter what other fans/critics say. I love all of their stuff, new and old. But like you said....everyone should give it a try...personally I can't wait to hear kirk on solos again!

Last edited:
I hear the day that never comes on sirius coming home from work today, not too bad, sounded a little tame for me, of course that could have to do with my lame vw sound system.

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
I just heard one of their new songs yesterday, it was actually pretty awesome! 93.3 WMMR is where it's at around here! (All metal.) I literally listen to everything, but I did like Metallica's new song. The only thing with Metallica, is their songs all generally sound the same. There's slight differences between each song, yes...but I don't know, it's never good to just stay on 'repeat' just so people know it's your band.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I just heard one of their new songs yesterday, it was actually pretty awesome! 93.3 WMMR is where it's at around here! (All metal.) I literally listen to everything, but I did like Metallica's new song. The only thing with Metallica, is their songs all generally sound the same. There's slight differences between each song, yes...but I don't know, it's never good to just stay on 'repeat' just so people know it's your band.

I think most country sounds the same, but I don't listen to it really at all and because of that I can't discern small differences in notes or sound. Probably the same for people that don't listen to much metal.

This song echoes the format they used to great success for years and made some masterpieces with... Slow, melodic starts (think One, Sanitarium, Fade to Black), slowly progressing into heavier ballads and then into fast pace with a crazy solo or two. It's even 7 - 8 minutes long, like the older ones.

I do like "The Day That Never Comes" so far, I just hope it's not the best song on the album. One thing is for sure though, Hetfield should stop trying to sing and just yell into the mic like he used to :biggrin:

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
I've heard a few songs from the new album, and it kinda sounds like they should have sounded after completing And Justice For All. Here's a pretty awesome video for the new single.
Click me to see me

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
let me go download it so i can tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Hah

Just got tickets to the album release party in London, only 5 pounds a head for the fiance and I, fuckin right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

eROCK

Go Kart Champion
Ok, I just "acquired" a copy of the entire album from a friend. Dude....I know you won't believe me until you hear it, but this thing rocks. Metallica is definitely back strong. Sounds like their old stuff. For those who said "I only like older Metallica stuff" this one's for you. I would say that it fits somewhere between "And Justice for All" and the Black Album. I'm not saying it's their best album of all time, but it's definitely the best thing that they've put out in the past 15 years.

Last edited:

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Yeah I have been listening to the posted stuff on youtube, this album is VERY good, can't wait to hear it in decent quality... Definately the best stuff since Justice, The chorus on Judas Kiss is amazing... Have to give it some more listening time but I can safely say I like this more than Kill 'em All

EDIT:

Wow, I just listened to Unforgiven III for the first time, the first minute is all piano and violin who the hell would have guessed that?? Very, very cool. If the link doesn't work, just search for it because they're pulling videos off YouTube left, right and center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rap0z1dhqfY

Last edited: