GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Der People's 6 year or 72k warranty on 2018 VWs

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
are you effing kidding me? That's WAY better than what I got on the 2017 Golf. On one hand I have kind of killed my warranty anyways but this really makes you think about buying a new VW, wow!

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
I hear ya. Guess VW needs to snag as much biz as it can, to refund some of those billions it has to pay out on dieselgate. Hopefully, it also shows they have confidence in the longevity of their cars.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
As an engineer who understands the importance of warranty as a design consideration, this warranty extension is amazing! Basically it means that VW is now confident enough with the reliability of the MQB platform in the US that they don't think they will loose a significant amount of money in repairs by doubling their bumper to bumper warranty. To me this means we effectively have proof from VW that our cars are very reliable (which we have seen from an anecdotal standpoint). Unless of course Some higher up did this without consulting any engineers, and is planning to take a loss to get people back into the brand after dieselgate. I am inclined to believe the first of the two options though because they didn't put the extended warranty on the e-golf, which is a newer and less tested variant with significant differences. Either way it's a good thing.