GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY House Mods

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
No off topic too off topic right? So I’ll start here, but chime in with your questions or just show off what you’re working on.

I have a tile backsplash project coming up, and this is my first time so I’m looking for advice.

Mostly on finding a reputable supplier & brands (ie, not Lowes or Home Depot) & general advice you guys have learned along the way.

I’ve done tile flooring, once, ten years ago. That was at our first house in Ohio, where I had connections & could get a great deal on quality materials & even a wet saw to use for free. No such luck here in SC, and in spite of planning to sell our house in 2024 the wife has already basic committed me to this project so I’d like to knock it out the last week of February.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
I did a shower/tub last year. I had never tiled before but it wasn't too difficult mentally but it did take me a long time because it was my first time. Got my tile at a local tile shop. It was made in Brazil and the quality was top notch.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
6A7DD68A-05E7-4D16-8740-5298CCEFC905.jpeg
1783F69C-440C-4585-BC7C-4D76CCB853D1.jpeg

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I don't own a house but I have experience with the infamous soccer ball meets window mod.

Also note that a large part of this forum are fans of the bidet mod.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Tile America. I assume The cost of a Decent homeowner quality wet saw is less than paying someone. If the tiles don't have standoffs plastic tile spacers

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Tile America. I assume The cost of a Decent homeowner quality wet saw is less than paying someone. If the tiles don't have standoffs plastic tile spacers

Time and effort cost money. We supplied materials for our backsplash and labor was $500. Pretty nice to be done in a day