GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do most of you have to work on Monday December 31?

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Warehouse/Inventory, work at a place called Comoso (Controlled Motion Solutions Inc.) and i had this past monday and tuesday off PAID, and i have next monday and tuesday off PAID. love this job.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Local government middle manager. 5 day weekend.

limon

Ready to race!
im a concierge in NYC and i have to work both the 31st and the 1st .... but that is the hospitality industry for you ... but i dont really care its not like i do much on those days anyway ....

swervinVI

Ready to race!
Forensic accountant. My office is open, but I'm not going in.

Sent from that Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

2PointSLO

Go Kart Champion
Foreman @ local FBO, someone has to marshall then park the planes, ha!!! working the early shift then off on the 1st... :D

Last edited:

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
IT Help Desk Supervisor. I have work on the 31st but used some PTO so I can enjoy a nice long weekend until Wed

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I ordinarily would have had to work but asked for PTO (Personal Time Off) on the 31st.

I work in the software industry and our company shuts down the week between Christmas and New Year because many of our customers shut down as well. Only essential personel (tech support, IT, building security) works at reduced staffing but all engineering activity, business development and sales shut down. The time off comes out of our normal PTO pool, so it isn't a freebie on top of what we get.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
I'm an economist and my hours are flexible, but that doesn't matter because I have jury duty starting Monday. Obviously, everyone is guilty on New Year's Eve.

EDIT: University is obviously not in session, but my other office is open for work without support staff (no admin assistants or cafeteria).

Last edited:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Marketing manager, yes. And New Year's day too, big sales in the wine industry.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Advance auto- outside sales. Yes. Probably 1/2 day though.