GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do the cloth seats feel different than the leather ones?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
From my personal first had experience of oe plaid seats my car and my Coworkers leather SE seats I can say even with his being and used car with 60k vs my cars seats brand new at the time- the leather SE seats felt much stiffer at the bolsters of the back and bottom than my cloth seats.

I have had the corbeau seats for 3 years now though… and no you don’t have to remove the console

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I love my Corbeaus, I don't have a ton of time in them at the moment but they're definitely a bit more snug as well as stiffer than the OEM cloth GTI seats. I lost heating (there are folks who have retrofitted it, but I opted not to), and feel there's some degree of thigh support that I lost, BUT overall I'm a fan. If you've never sat in a race seat for a long period, be aware that they're not nearly as comfortable as OEM seats. Just my $.02, since the Corbeaus were mentioned.

Keep an eye out for part outs and in general people who are upgrading seats, from time to time the cloth seats will pop up on here for what IMO is a stupid low price.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
My balls prefer cloth. Warm in winter. Cool in summer. Grip me buttocks better during high-g cornering. I used to like leather for the easier maintenance but now, cloth with some Scotchgard and send it.

SLWRTHNU

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Electric seats with a memory feature are fantastic if your car is used by more than one person.
Otherwise it's a nightmare to return to the seat and mirror positions you like if you're particular about those.
But if you're the only one who drives your car?
Well then, you're hardly ever moving the seat. Maybe just forward and back in the tracks.
Power adjusting steering columns are a particular waste to me.
Exactly. When I had my B8 A4 Avant, it was automatic so my girlfriend would drive it. I'm 6' and she's 5'2", so having that memory button was great. However, she won't be driving my manual GTI. Just me. So after I get the perfect position, it won't change anyway.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Exactly. When I had my B8 A4 Avant, it was automatic so my girlfriend would drive it. I'm 6' and she's 5'2", so having that memory button was great. However, she won't be driving my manual GTI. Just me. So after I get the perfect position, it won't change anyway.
Yeah, my wife is only 5' tall.
It's nearly impossible for me to even get IN her 2017 Acura, at my height of 5'11" and a trim 165 pounds.
Thank God for the presets in her car, because that's the car we use when we go out.
I don't drink, so I'm the designated driver.
In the nine years I've had my car, she's never driven it once.
The only time anyone else has ever driven my car was when I was teaching my twin sons to drive a couple of years ago.

SLWRTHNU

Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah, my wife is only 5' tall.
It's nearly impossible for me to even get IN her 2017 Acura, at my height of 5'11" and a trim 165 pounds.
Thank God for the presets in her car, because that's the car we use when we go out.
I don't drink, so I'm the designated driver.
In the nine years I've had my car, she's never driven it once.
The only time anyone else has ever driven my car was when I was teaching my twin sons to drive a couple of years ago.
Nice! My twin daughters are only 4 so I have a few more years until it's time for me to teach them

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Nice! My twin daughters are only 4 so I have a few more years until it's time for me to teach them
Enjoy your little ones!
Those early years are the greatest!

Also, I can't explain to you how odd it felt to be a passenger in my own GTI with no wheel in front of me when my son's were learning to drive.
Just so wrong. LOL