GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do you think there will ever be...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I was just checking out the Zidane thread below with all the pics in it and the pic with the football (American use of word) player in it has me itching for the season to start again. Anyways, my question is this: Now that Euro has what is considered an equal (not really) to our NFL, do you think that someday in our lifetimes we may see some sort of every 4 year American football tournament between all the countries involved? That would be pretty sweet. I have to imagine though, it would be a little one sided for some time. But eventually it seems the competition would start to even out. Perhaps then the world would see why were not as dominant at soccer as they are (I wish we could be). Just a little food for thought. Lets not turn this into a which sport is better thread. I just think that an international played out American football tourney would be nice.:thumbsup:

bilbos

On the Kop
Agreed. It would be nice to see something like that. In reality, I don't think it will ever happen. I know that in the UK they play American Football to a limited degree, but it never took off as a major sport.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
bilbos said:
Agreed. It would be nice to see something like that. In reality, I don't think it will ever happen. I know that in the UK they play American Football to a limited degree, but it never took off as a major sport.

ehh i will disagree with it never taking off...while it might not be as popular as the NFL in the states...NFL Europe does very well from what i understand

also LOTs of american NFL players that just dont cut it in america go to NFL europe to play for a couple seasons then come back to the states and try out for our teams here again to see how things go

Same type of thing happens with the CFL

so who knows...maybe in a couple years we will see a combination of the American NFL,NFL Europe and the CFL all playing some type of regular season games...maybe not a "world cup esq" type championship...but i would like to see something

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
nah.. the newspapers have a majority of football in its sports part and ABSOLUTLY no AF. sorry guys its just football here.
(although i do have a american football)