GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
The hair starts comin' and it won't stop comin'!

Daks

Autocross Champion
No dogs on couches. If I want to cuddle with the dog I'll go on the floor. He weighs 110 lbs and has claws like an eagle. Any piece of furniture would be toast if he were to get on it. And a hell no to the dog being in bed with me. He has two beds in the house, both memory foam. He sleeps better than 90% of people in this world.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
I challenge all of you “no dog on couch/bed” people to eat some mushrooms in the woods with your friends and think about the meaning of life. Because you materialists are missing the point.
I couldn’t tell if this was serious but it did make me laugh. Like Dak stated above, I have 2 80 pound monsters who I love, but destroy everything they get on (claws, butt stains, you name it). We lay on the floor with our pooches cause ain’t nothing wrong with kicking it on the floor

Last edited:

cb1111

I just realized pretty much every photo on this page (other than mine and one other) has the dog sitting on the couch.

I trained my dog to never go on the couch or into the master bedroom. Has anyone else done this or am I alone in this?
Exactly. No furniture and no bedrooms. She also doesn't go into the dining room.

What's funny is she's playing with something and it rolls into the dining room. She's come and get one of us to get it for her even if she could easily take a couple of steps in there.
Because he's a dog. They need boundaries and structure and I'm happy to give him that. You know what his personality is like, he needs to understand his place in the pecking order.

That and I don't want dog hair all over my sofa and bed. It's a hard enough battle keeping the hair off everything I wear, I don't need him rubbing himself into it. That being said he has a bed in the living room, in my office, and in the hallway just outside the master bedroom so he's got a comfy spot in all the usual places in the house.
Yep, beds everywhere and she'd rather lay on the cooler floor - right next to her expensive memoryfoam bed
Also for those of you who let your dogs sleep in your bed.

Is the dog just watching you and the S/O having sexy time? Do you lock out the dog and just have them whining and pawing at the door the whole time you're doing it?
Sleeps outside the open bedroom door on her hammock - which is next to her bed, but most of the time she sleeps on the floor between the wall and a box that our 75" TV came in - her own tiny little house. Closing the bedroom door when necessary doesn't bother her. She'll come into the bedroom when there is a bad thunderstorm in the middle of the night and curl up in a corner - then leave when the storm is over.
Now how's it sound?

If your dog isn't allowed on the couch or bed, how can they come over and lay their head on you?
get a bigger dog.
No dogs on couches. If I want to cuddle with the dog I'll go on the floor. He weighs 110 lbs and has claws like an eagle. Any piece of furniture would be toast if he were to get on it. And a hell no to the dog being in bed with me. He has two beds in the house, both memory foam. He sleeps better than 90% of people in this world.
Yep. Dogs are dogs. Ours would not know what to do on a couch or a bed.

She's spoiled rotten, but like little kids, they're happier with rules.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Dogs are not allowed on the furniture in my house. They've got there's we have ours. Also no kids.

I think we need a new rule banning the discussion of dogs and furniture

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Just an old lady chilling on the couch. Shaggy dog gets a fur cut on Thursday :p

IMG_7390.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
"I.... like.... big dogs and I cannot lie......."

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I like dogs smaller than a cat.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
so many dog people are actually cat people that have never owned a cat.

cats are just chill guys, dogs are one step below a toddler, but they never actually grow up to be a chill guy and if they're big dogs then they just slobber everywhere and ruin shit because they're actually stupid.

moms dog is a maltese and she is a crackhead even at 12 but she weighs 10lb an doesnt slobber so if she acts up you just pick her up and she freezes.