GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Done deal

Discotheque

Go Kart Champion
malkatraz said:
Can someone please confirm... from reading other threads here it appears we get 6.59203978 litres per 100 kms... is this correct? Is it city or highway?

I don't know that you needed 8 decimal places there but consumption is going to be different for everyone, out on the highway I get about 5 - 6L/100kms (instant) around the city I get about 7.5 - 8.5L/100km (this does not include being stuck in heavy traffic), so depending on your combination of city and highway driving you should get somewhere around that.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I don't think I get close to 8.5L/100km in city driving (with stop start traffic), the fuel consumption is definitely improving but realistically speaking I am still only achieving around 10L/100KM, I'll see what its like at the end of this tank. And no I am not thrashing the car either.

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
I'm on my second tank - approx 860km all up - average consumption at the moment 9.6L/100k.

Jono171

Ready to race!
I also want the 18" Hufweisens. The guy on the 'Tex was going to see if he could source another set. Let me know if you hear anything. Maybe if enough people want them we can get a discount of some sort....

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
our avg is 8.5L and we have done over 20000k on it now.

SSS_Hoon

malkatraz said:
Wahey!

I paid my deposit today and picking up my white Golf GTi with DSG, bi-xenon lights, and sunroof late June. Managed to knock a few k off the price and had tinting thrown in for good measure. One happy customer.

Quick Q : Financing. Anyone recommend the best financing people to go with?

Thanks all for your responses to my previous msg. It helped tip the balance towards purchasing the Golf GTi.

I have family members that work for http://www.autofinaus.com.au/ in Melbourne. I used them as a broker for my finance. I am currently paying just under $160 a week over 5 years with a 30% baloon. When I told that figure to the finance manager at VW when I was getting the car, he said to definately go with that deal.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Love the fact they've got a car on the front page of their website that you can't even buy here in Australia... :laugh:

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
Just been quoted 7.65% by VW Aus @ 40 residual over 3 years. Seems alright.

Kirium - have to be happy : Our cars arrive tomorrow in Australia.

Hopefully I get to pick mine up next week.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The MEDEA arrived in Melbourne on Monday and Sydney around 1 hour ago...

miketoti

Autocross Newbie
Quote: "Also - is it possible to get the 18" Hufweisen wheels here in Australia ? Is so - where and how much?"

Hufweisen, aka Monza II (UK), aka Detroits (Aus).
I'll post sum pics when I pick up my red beast in late July with these beauties on there. At my Dealer as we speak ready and waiting... Saw them today, they are absolutely brilliant in the flesh, 17s, asthetically are no comparison imo.
Had a little birdy tell me VW Head Office had a one off mystery set (brand new with no tyres). Been sittin around for months apparently gathering dust! Originally quoted a price of around $3800 just for the alloys no tyres. Managed to get my Dealer to sweet talk them, got $1300 off the price, plus they chucked in sum tyres for good measure. Total trade over price for my 17s is $2450. I'm happy with that. This wheel is made for the GTI! But yeah, the Detroits, unfortunately are not on the Aussie Catalogue, your best bet will be to import from NZ or Hong Kong. You can always try VW Aust but good luck, they've got enough probs getting these cars down here.. But you never know if you don't try!

malkatraz

Touring Car Newbie
miketoti said:
Quote: "Also - is it possible to get the 18" Hufweisen wheels here in Australia ? Is so - where and how much?"

Hufweisen, aka Monza II (UK), aka Detroits (Aus).
I'll post sum pics when I pick up my red beast in late July with these beauties on there. At my Dealer as we speak ready and waiting... Saw them today, they are absolutely brilliant in the flesh, 17s, asthetically are no comparison imo.
Had a little birdy tell me VW Head Office had a one off mystery set (brand new with no tyres). Been sittin around for months apparently gathering dust! Originally quoted a price of around $3800 just for the alloys no tyres. Managed to get my Dealer to sweet talk them, got $1300 off the price, plus they chucked in sum tyres for good measure. Total trade over price for my 17s is $2450. I'm happy with that. This wheel is made for the GTI! But yeah, the Detroits, unfortunately are not on the Aussie Catalogue, your best bet will be to import from NZ or Hong Kong. You can always try VW Aust but good luck, they've got enough probs getting these cars down here.. But you never know if you don't try!

Sweet - congrats. Keen to see some pics!

Hong Chau

Banned
I also want the 18" Hufweisens. The guy on the 'Tex was going to see if he could source another set. Let me know if you hear anything. Maybe if enough people want them we can get a discount of some sort....

i'm looking for a set of the 18"'s.
how much for the set??

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
You should be able to order the 18" Hufs from your local VW dealer now. But at a guess, it may be cheaper to source a set from o/s and import them yourself. Research all shipping/import charges first though.

:thumbsup: