GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drummers Thread!

Sterling

Steel Tip
tama starclassics owner right here!

how it's set up in my room right now. pretty basic. and nasty pic from macbookpro camera.

how i had it set up awhile ago..

this kinda shows the wrap. i think it's pretty :biggrin:

MY SNARE!

Last edited:

Sterling

Steel Tip
well sorry for the crappy pics. here's specs of what i have.

Tama Starclassic Performer Birch / Bubinga Set

20 x 18 kick
12 x 7 tom
14 x 12 floor tom
16 x 14 floor tom

DW Collectors Series 14 x 8 six and six all maple snare
looking into buying custom bubinga wood hoops for my snare right now.

couldn't be happier with these sizes,though.

all pearl hardware.

14, 18, 20 Zildjian K custom dark hats / crash / ride
18 Zildjian Oriental China Trash

got rid of my zil bel. and trying to sell my 16 k custom dark crash.

looking to pick up a 19 k custom hybrid crash, 12 oriental china trash, and a 9 k custom hybrid splash to to add in when i play more fun technical hardcore / metal stuff.

playing on a basic setup is the best though :biggrin:

Sterling

Steel Tip
DAMN! That is sick! man I love those k's :wub: I didn't know you were a drummer also? I should take a pic of mine tomorrow.

drums are where its at. bass / guitar is just on the side. :cool:

yea. love the K's.. couldn't be happier with them. minus the 16. idono what i was thinking when i bought that one... :yikes:

Sterling

Steel Tip
yeah man, i actually played bass in a couple serious bands but ive been playing drums for a lot longer. Man I feel you, Somehow like 4 years ago I thought it would be a good choice to be a 14" crash and a 16" crash,
the 16" is the best sounding cymbal ive had but its cracking now :/

How do you like your snare? When i get my sjc, im going to be snareless and I dont want to drop the money on a custom snare.

haha same with me and the bass. thats the main reason why i picked up serious bass gear, lol.

i LOVE my snare. DW makes such quality stuff. and it being so deep and maple gives it a great warmth and a serious crack. i couldn't be happier.
but like i said im trying to pick up some wood hoops for it. just to give it a more natural and even warmer tone, plus i think it'll look great with the natural finish of it.

i've always wanted to pick up more snares though. i know i'll be a snare whore someday haha.

and those SJC's are nice man. i wish i could drop money on some custom stuff hahaha.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Nice set-up, Sterling.
Can't contribute pics cause I sold my set when I moved to Colorado :frown:

thanks! and man. that's a bummer. :frown:

Sterling

Steel Tip
Yeah I was at Samash yesterday testing out snares and there are some really quality snares for cheap now.

Dude Give SJC a call, Im not under any endorsement "yet ;)" and I worked with bryan and they gave me an amazing deal. I couldnt pass it up, awesome guys to work with.

Ive always wanted a deep snare, ive always had shallow snares and I love shallow drums but I love deep snares.

yea. i know. im not ready to build up another kit. i love my tama anyways.
the drummer in my band is endorsed by shine though. man those things are beasts!

J-DUB

got splashback?
ha, I made one of these a while back.

I just play a mapex venus series right now, nuvader cymbals. Nothing to fancy, nobody to jam with on the regular. Ill have to get a pic of my set up.

I love the wood snares, I have a steel one and not feeling it, a pork pie or a deep dw would be key.

eod69usn

Ready to race!
this is my kit...orange county drum and percussion fully custom kit...22X22 base, 8X10 tom, 15X16 floor tom and 6X14 snare with 4 vents. all Z custom cymbals with the rare 19 inch z custom rock crash...all DW hardware with 5000 series single pedal and high hats stand

Attachments

• DSC02999.jpg
    DSC02999.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 328

eod69usn

Ready to race!
Sick set up man, I havent seen 4 bass holes but its definatly unique!

thanks man...its no exaggeration to say i love these drums more then i could ever love a human baby lol

eod69usn

Ready to race!
^ for sure SJC makes nice drums and they got a killer website and seem like good guys but ive always been an OCDP fan boi lol

eod69usn

Ready to race!
ya thats the whole reason i got into them, well basically travis barker back when he was in like 4 bands lol idk why but he has always been one of my favorite drummers along side the standards like moon, pert and bonham

eod69usn

Ready to race!
depends on what you want? something cheap and simple i would go with a ludwig supraphonic 6.5X14...i got one and love it and its cheap and easy to get.

for something with a fat tone go deep and maple...maybe like a 7 or 8X14 6 or 8 ply. there is lots of companies you can go to like SJC, ludwig, porkpie, OCDP, DW...anything from reasonable to expensive

and if you want something to kill everybody including yourself and be crazy loud go with lots of ply's (20+) and vents...my OCDP 6X14 20 ply with 4 vents can make ears bleed lol