GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG in Canada

feta99

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I am in Vancouver. I bought my car at the Richmond dealer...Does anyone know what happens if you don't break-in the engine properly? I wish the engine break-in was done at the factory.

bubba_sideways

Passed Driver's Ed
feta99 said:
Hi,

I am in Vancouver. I bought my car at the Richmond dealer...Does anyone know what happens if you don't break-in the engine properly? I wish the engine break-in was done at the factory.

Yes, at precisely 1,250 km the engine sputters, then stalls, then tosses a rod out of the side of the block.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
When I picked up my car this weekend my dealer told me that when they assemble the engines (crank, rods, pistons, valves and cams)then they cycle the engines with compressed air and then bathe the entire unit in oil. This is done to mate all the surfaces and clean the engine, so "break in" per say is done. I think with the claims of performance that they have been making, they need to control the quality of the break in and this seems like the way they do it.

Canada-GTIMKV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
i have a DSG 4 door on order and they told my first week of Aug. Can't wait got it in United Gray with leather and 18" tires/rims and all the other goodies it comes with it .I'm in Toronto , Canada